Singapore Space and Technology Association
|Formation||22 February 2007|
|Headquarters||318 Tanglin Road (Phoenix Park) #01-37 Singapore 247979|
The Singapore Space and Technology Association (SSTA) is a non-government, non-profit trade association based in Singapore, for fostering the development of Singapore's space technology industry. Recognized by the International Astronautical Federation, SSTA partners and collaborates with space agencies, academic institutions and commercial entities from around the world to organise industry and educational events that help to build up the Singapore space ecosystem.
SSTA's Founder-President is Jonathan Hung, and the Advisory Board is composed of representatives of stakeholders in the Singapore space industry.
|Prof Lui Pao Chuen (Chairman of the Advisory Board)||Advisor, National Research Foundation, Prime Minister's Office|
|Mr Beh Kian Teik||Assistant Managing Director, Economic Development Board|
|Mr Cheong Chee Hoo||Chief Executive Officer, DSO National Laboratories|
|Prof Dan Hastings||Head of Aeronautics and Astronautics Department, MIT|
|Mr Edwin Chow||Assistant Chief Executive Officer, Enterprise Singapore|
|Mr Harris Chan||Chief Technology Officer & Chief Digital Officer, ST Engineering|
|Mr Kwoh Leong Keong||Director, Centre for Remote Imaging, Sensing and Processing (CRISP)|
|Mr Tan Boon Khai||Chief Executive Officer, Singapore Land Authority|
|Mr Tan Chee Seng||Director, Institute for Infocomm Research (I2R) A*STAR|
|Mr Tang Kum Chuen||President, Satellite Systems, ST Engineering Electronics|
Satellite launch program
SSTA-JAXA Kibo launch agreement
On 15 November 2017, SSTA signed a contract with Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) to launch the "SpooQy - 1" CubeSAT developed by the National University of Singapore (NUS) via the Kibo Program onboard the International Space Station. SpooQy-1 will attempt to demonstrate quantum entanglement using a CubeSat in Low Earth Orbit (LEO).
Asia Pacific Regional Space Agency Forum (APRSAF)
SSTA co-organizes the regional rotational APRSAF conference with JAXA whenever Singapore plays host to the annual conference. Organising the 18th edition of APRSAF in 2011, SSTA organized the 25th edition of APRSAF in 2018.
Global Space and Technology Conference (GSTC)
SSTA organizes the Global Space and Technology Conference (GSTC) annually in February 
Speakers and Moderators for previous GSTCs have included
- Mr S Iswaran, Minister for Trade and Industry (Industry)
- Mr Shizuo Yamamoto, Vice President, JAXA
- Dr Noordin Ahmad, Director General ANGKASA
- Eng. Salem Humaid Al Marri, Assistant Director General, Mohammed bin Rashid Space Centre
- Dr Franco Ongaro, Director European Space Agency
- Mr Hugues de Galzain, Vice President Airbus Defence and Space
- Mr Luis Gomes, Chief Technology Officer Surrey Satellite Technologies
- Mr Hervé Hamy, Vice President Thales Alenia Space
- Mr Tan Kong Hwee Executive Director, Singapore Economic Development Board
SSTA space industry awareness talk
Educational outreach programs
Singapore Space Challenge
Each year, SSTA organizes the Singapore Space Challenge (SSC) - a national space design competition that challenges student teams to leverage space technology to tackle real world challenges. The competition is Singapore's highest level space competition and is attended by top universities,junior colleges and polytechnics in the region like the Nanyang Technological University, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Nanyang Junior College and Singapore Polytechnic.
Asian Try-Zero G Challenge
SSTA co-ordinates Singaporean submissions for the Asian Try-Zero G Challenge sent to JAXA. In 2016, a Singaporean mission idea was successfully selected and the experiment was performed aboard the International Space Station.
- "Singapore Space and Technology Association (SSTA) | Iaf". www.iafastro.org. International Astronautical Federation. Retrieved 2 August 2018.
- "October 2017 – World Space Week Singapore". World Space Week. Retrieved 31 January 2019.
- Audrey Tan (17 February 2017). "Lift-off: Singapore wants to shoot for the stars". The Straits Times. Singapore: The Straits Times. Archived from the original on 26 February 2017. Retrieved 31 January 2019.
- "Singapore companies shoot for the stars as space technology gets more accessible". Channel NewsAsia. Retrieved 2 August 2018.
- "Advisory Board | SSTA". www.space.org.sg. Archived from the original on 21 January 2017. Retrieved 2 August 2018.
- JAXA. "Kibo Utilization Office for Asia (KUOA) - International Space Station - JAXA". iss.jaxa.jp. Retrieved 2 August 2018.
- "SpooQy-1: Singapore's experimental quantum CubeSat and its Kibo launch | SpaceTech Asia". SpaceTech Asia. 27 November 2017. Archived from the original on 18 June 2018. Retrieved 2 August 2018.
- Rainey, Kristine (24 November 2015). "Try zero G 2: Igniting the passion of the next generation in Asia". NASA. Retrieved 2 August 2018.
- "Annual Meetings | APRSAF-25". www.aprsaf.org (in Japanese). Archived from the original on 3 September 2018. Retrieved 2 August 2018.
- "Asia's Scientific Trailblazers: Rogel Mari Sese". Asian Scientist Magazine | Science, technology and medical news updates from Asia. 18 May 2017. Archived from the original on 29 October 2018. Retrieved 2 August 2018.
- "Speech by Minister Iswaran at the Global Space and Technology Convention 2018". www.mti.gov.sg. Retrieved 2 August 2018.
- "Space Industry in Singapore|SSTA Space Technology Awareness Talk". Employment and Employability Institute, e2i. 28 June 2017. Retrieved 2 August 2018.
- hermes (23 September 2016). "Experimenting on board Kibo". The Straits Times. Archived from the original on 14 November 2016. Retrieved 2 August 2018.