This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Location of Solapur district in Maharashtra
|Coordinates (Solapur): Coordinates:|
|Tehsils||1. Akkalkot, 2. Barshi, 3. Karmala, 4. Madha, 5. Malshiras, 6. Mangalwedha, 7. Mohol, 8. Pandharpur, 9. Sangola, 10. Solapur North and 11. Solapur South|
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||1. Solapur (SC), 2. Madha (shared with Satara district), 3. Osmanabad (shared with Osmanabad district) (Based on Election Commission website)|
|• Vidhan Sabha constituencies||10|
|• Total||14,845 km2 (5,732 sq mi)|
|• Density||290/km2 (750/sq mi)|
|• Sex ratio||935|
|Time zone||UTC+05:30 (IST)|
|Major highways||National Highways 65,52,204,361,465,150E|
|Average annual precipitation||545.4 mm|
Solapur District is a district in Maharashtra state of India. The city of Solapur is the district headquarters. It is located on the south east edge of the state and lies entirely in the Bhima and Seena basins. The entire district is drained by the Bhima River.
The district has a population density of 290 inhabitants per square kilometre (750/sq mi). Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 12.1%. Solapur has a sex ratio of 932 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 77.72%.
Solapur district is subdivided for administrative purposes into eleven talukas, which in turn comprise smaller divisions. The talukas are North Solapur, South Solapur, Akkalkot, Barshi, Mangalwedha, Pandharpur, Sangola, Malshiras, Mohol, Madha and Karmala.
Places of interest
- Siddheshwar Temple and lake Siddheshwar Temple is a famous temple in Solapur .It is sacred to Hindus and members of the Lingayat faith. There is a lake within the temple complex.
- , Solapur
- Buikot killa It is a fort located near siddeshwar temple, Solapur.
- Pandharpur (Lord Vithoba Temple, 1, 2)
- Akkalkot (Swami Samarth Maharaj Temple)
- Ganagapur - Shri Dattatreya Temple
- Dahigaun - Jain Temple
- Nagnath Maharaj temple wadval ( taluka mohol )
- Karmala - Shri Kamala Bhavani Mandir( 96 Payarya Vihir( a small dip down lake of 96 stairs and having shape of Mahadev Pind) )
- Barshi - Bhagwant Mandir
Born in Solapur District:
- M. F. Husain (Painter)
- Shashikala (Actress)
- फैयाज ((Faiyyaz), Actress)
- Sarala Yeolekar (Actress)
- Lalchand Hirachand (Industrialist)
- Yusufkhan Mohamadkhan Pathan (Scholar)
- Jabbar Patel(Marathi Film Director)
- Akshar Kothari(Marathi and Hindi Film Actor)
- Atul Kulkarni (Marathi and Hindi Film Actor)
- Sushant Kulkarni (3 July 2015). "Anti-Corruption Bureau: Pune Unit records highest number of bribery traps in state". The Indian Express. Pune. Retrieved 28 July 2015.
- Shri Mahadev Dada Tonpe, Mahavir Shah. "सोलापूर जिल्हा" [Solapur Jilha]. Solapur Pune Pravasi Sanghatna (in Marathi). Solapur. Retrieved 28 July 2015.
- "Solapur District Geographical Information". Archived from the original on 23 February 2007. Retrieved 11 December 2006.
- Meena Menon (21 June 2006). "A dream come true for beedi workers of Solapur". The Hindu. Mumbai. Retrieved 28 July 2015.
- 2011 Census of India, Population By Mother Tongue
- "Solapur census records". The Gezzeters department Solapur.
- Decadal Variation In Population Since 1901
- "Geographical information" (PDF). Solapur district. Retrieved 24 January 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Solapur district.|
- Official website of Solapur District
- Solapur District Gazetteer
- mSolapur - Mobile Governance Site
- A.G.Patil Polytechnic Institute, Solapur