(Redirected from Solar T66)Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Solar T62 engine|
|Role||Small gas turbine|
|National origin||United States|
|Primary user||United States Army|
The Solar T62 Titan is an American gas turbine engine used mainly as a helicopter auxiliary power unit (APU), ground power generator or helicopter powerplant. A free power turbine version was developed as the Solar T66.
- T62 Titan
- The direct drive main production version.
- 80 hp (60 kW) at 56,700 turbine rpm for Boeing-Vertol CH-47A Chinook helicopters.
- 95 hp (71 kW) at 56,700 turbine rpm for Boeing-Vertol CH-47B / C Chinook helicopters.
- 80 hp (60 kW) at 56,700 turbine rpm for Boeing-Vertol CH-46A Sea Knight helicopters.
- 105 hp (78 kW) at 61,240 turbine rpm
- T62T-16 / -16A1
- 95 hp (71 kW) for Sikorsky CH-3, Sikorsky SH-3 and Sikorsky CH-54A Skycrane helicopters at 56,700 turbine rpm, with 8,000 and 8,100 rpm outputs.
- Turboshaft - 80 hp (60 kW) at 56,700 turbine rpm
- Turboshaft - 150 hp (110 kW) at 61,250 turbine rpm, with 1x 8,000 and 1x 8,216 rpm outputs.
- Turboshaft - 95 hp (71 kW) at 56,700 turbine rpm, for Lockheed Jetstar and Pan American Falcon business Jets at 56,700 turbine rpm, with 1x 8,000 and 1x 8,100 rpm outputs.
- 150 hp (110 kW) at 61,250 rpm. Military Ground Power Unit (GPU) often used by US Navy and Air Force.
- A free power turbine version for the US military.
- Auxiliary Power Unit
- Boeing CH-46 Sea Knight
- Boeing CH-47 Chinook
- Sikorsky CH-54 Tarhe
- Lockheed Jetstar
- Pan American Falcon
- EMU30/E 60 KW Gas Turbine Engine Driven Gen Set
- Alpi Syton AH 130
- Auroa Helicopters Auroa
- AvioTecnica ES-101 Raven
- Eagle Helicycle
- Famà Kiss 209
- Gyrodyne RON Rotorcycle
- Hillberg Turbine Exec
- LAE Ultrasport 496T
- Mosquito Aviation XE
- RotorWay Exec 162F (upgrades)
- Winner B150
Data from Bennett
- Type: Turboshaft
- Length: 33.41 in (84.86 cm)
- Diameter: 21.375 in (54.293 cm)
- Dry weight: 142 lb (64 kg)
- Compressor: Centrifugal Impeller
- Combustors: Annular reverse flow with six burners
- Turbine: Radial inflow impeller
- Fuel type: JP-4 / JP-5 / JP-8
- Oil system: Wet sump
- Maximum power output: 60 to 150 hp (45 to 112 kW)
- Power-to-weight ratio: 0.42 to 1.06 hp/lb (0.69 to 1.74 kW/kg)