Solar power in Louisiana
Solar power in Louisiana is ranked 34th for installed solar PV capacity as of 2017 by the Solar Energy Industry Association. The state's "solar friendliness" according to Solar Power Rocks has fallen to 50th place for 2018 as the state credit program ends and full 1:1 retail net metering is being phased out. Taxpayers still benefit from federal incentive programs such as the 30 percent tax credit, which applies to business and residential solar photovoltaic and thermal energy systems of any size.
From January 1, 2008 to June 19, 2015, Louisiana offered a 50 percent tax credit up to $12,500 for the installation of solar system for purchased systems. On a combined basis with federal tax credits, and depending on a homeowner's tax situation, this amounted to an 80 percent tax credit for solar installations less than $25,000 in value, as well as a smaller credit for leased solar systems, which increased the affordability of solar PV and water heating.
New Orleans' largest solar array is the 1MW array installed by Blattner Energy at the Entergy Patterson facility in New Orleans East. The largest solar project in the state of Louisiana is currently the 1.2MW rooftop solar system at the Mall of Louisiana, completed in 2017 by Solar Alternatives and Strata Solar.
- Source: NREL
Note: Source gives conflicting information for 2011 and 2012.
- Gulf States Renewable Energy Industries Association
- Louisiana solar cost estimate
- Open PV Database
- New Orleans Solar Calculator
- Renewable energy policies and incentives
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Solar power in Louisiana.|
- DiChristopher, Tom (2018-03-15). "Solar power: Here's where your state now ranks". CNBC. Retrieved 2018-05-27.
- "Revenue Information Bulletin No. 17-012" (PDF). Louisiana Department of Revenue. July 24, 2017.
- "2018 State Solar Power Rankings - Solar Power Rocks". Solar Power Rocks. Retrieved 2018-05-27.
- Tax Credit for Solar and Wind Energy Systems on Residential Property Archived 2011-09-29 at the Wayback Machine
- Tax Credit for Solar and Wind Energy Systems on Residential Property (Corporate) Archived 2012-04-17 at the Wayback Machine
- "The Future of Solar in Louisiana. An Analysis of the Technical and Economic Implications of Solar P.V. Growth on Louisiana's Economy and Electric Grid" (PDF). Louisiana State University. February 2019.
- Solar Power Installation in Lafayette, Louisiana
- "Project Sunroof - Data Explorer | Louisiana". www.google.com. Retrieved 2018-05-27.
- "91 percent of New Orleans buildings are solar power 'viable,' Google says". NOLA.com. Retrieved 2018-05-27.
- "Take a look inside Entergy's new solar plant in New Orleans East". NOLA.com. Retrieved 2018-05-27.
- "Mall of Louisiana | Strata Solar". www.stratasolar.com. Retrieved 2018-05-27.
- "Commercial Solar Portfolio | New Orleans Solar". Solar Alternatives, Inc. Retrieved 2018-05-27.
- "PV Watts". NREL. Retrieved 19 May 2012.
- Sherwood, Larry (August 2012). "U.S. Solar Market Trends 2011" (PDF). Interstate Renewable Energy Council (IREC). p. 16. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-09-06. Retrieved 2012-08-16.
- Sherwood, Larry (June 2011). "U.S. Solar Market Trends 2010" (PDF). Interstate Renewable Energy Council (IREC). p. 20. Retrieved 2011-06-29.
- Sherwood, Larry (July 2009). "U.S. Solar Market Trends 2008" (PDF). Interstate Renewable Energy Council (IREC). p. 16. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2009-11-23. Retrieved 2010-07-24.
- Sherwood, Larry (July 2012). "U.S. Solar Market Trends 2012" (PDF). Interstate Renewable Energy Council (IREC). p. 16. Retrieved 2013-10-11.
- Sherwood, Larry (July 2014). "U.S. Solar Market Trends 2013" (PDF). Interstate Renewable Energy Council (IREC). Retrieved 2014-09-26.
- Louisiana Solar