South High Community School
|South High Community School|
170 Apricot St
|School district||Worcester Public Schools|
|Teaching staff||92 (FTE)|
|Student to teacher ratio||15.1|
|Color(s)||Red, black, and white|
South High Community School (SHCS) is a high school located in Worcester, Massachusetts, United States. It is a public high school of choice for students across the City of Worcester. Class size varies from 8 to 30 students, with a 17:1 student/teacher ratio.
According to the Massachusetts Department of Education, the demographic profile of South High was as follows in the 2015-2016 school year:
- Male - 52.5%
- Female - 47.5%
- Hispanic - 42%
- White - 23.3%
- African American - 17.4%
- Asian - 14.5%
- Multiracial, non-Hispanic - 2.6%
- Native American - 0.1%
- Robert H. Goddard - engineer, professor, physicist, inventor; credited with creating and building the world's first liquid-fueled rocket.
- Joyner Lucas - rapper.
- "School Choice Receiving District Status" (PDF). March 25, 2015. Retrieved December 2, 2017.
- "South High Community School". Retrieved January 30, 2019.
- "South High Community (03480520) Enrollment Data". MDESE. Retrieved December 2, 2017.
- "South High Community School Overview". U.S. News. Retrieved December 2, 2017.
- https://www.clarku.edu/research/archives/goddard/bio_note.cfm. Missing or empty
|This Massachusetts school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|