Sozopol Gap (Sozopolska Sedlovina \so-'zo-pol-ska se-dlo-vi-'na\) is a partly ice-covered, 500 m long saddle in Delchev Ridge, Tangra Mountains, eastern Livingston Island in the South Shetland Islands, Antarctica bounded to the southwest by Petko Voyvoda Peak and to the northeast by Kaloyan Nunatak. It is at an elevation of 220 metres, and is part of the divide between the glacial catchments of Sopot Ice Piedmont to the northwest and Pautalia Glacier to the southeast.
The midpoint is located at Coordinates: .
- L.L. Ivanov et al. Antarctica: Livingston Island and Greenwich Island, South Shetland Islands. Scale 1:100000 topographic map. Sofia: Antarctic Place-names Commission of Bulgaria, 2005.
- L.L. Ivanov. Antarctica: Livingston Island and Greenwich, Robert, Snow and Smith Islands. Scale 1:120000 topographic map. Troyan: Manfred Wörner Foundation, 2009. ISBN 978-954-92032-6-4
- Sozopol Gap. SCAR Composite Antarctic Gazetteer.
- Bulgarian Antarctic Gazetteer. Antarctic Place-names Commission. (details in Bulgarian, basic data in English)
- Sozopol Gap. Copernix satellite image
This article includes information from the Antarctic Place-names Commission of Bulgaria which is used with permission.
|This Livingston Island location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|