St James' Church, Muswell Hill
|St James, Muswell Hill|
|Parish Church of St James|
|Location||St James Lane, Muswell Hill, London N10 3DB|
|Denomination||Church of England|
|Weekly attendance||500+ per Sunday, plus children|
|Architect(s)||Samuel Angell J. S. Alder|
|Architectural type||Perpendicular Gothic|
The original building was consecrated in 1842, designed by Samuel Angell. In 1874, the church was extended.  A new church was designed by J. S. Alder in 1898, with the foundation stone for the current building being laid in 1900. The completed church was consecrated by the Bishop of London (Rev. Arthur Winnington-Ingram) on 30 June 1902.
The building was gutted by World War II bombing, and the restored church was rededicated in 1952. The church centre's foundation stone was laid on 20 May 1994 and can be viewed in the bookshop.
A church primary school was completed nearby in 1850; its later replacement is sited on Woodside Ave.
- 1842 – 1846 John Jackson (later bishop of London)
- 1846 – 1876 James Browell
- 1876 – 1894 Ernest Peter Cachemaille
- 1894 – 1912 James Shearer Whichelow
- 1912 – 1931 Arthur Mercer
- 1931 – 1958 Ernest Ernold Dunn (Prebendary of St Pauls)
- 1958 – 1966 Norman Harold Bainbridge
- 1967 – 1977 William Sidney Allam (Prebendary of St Pauls)
- 1978 – 1992 Michael Bunker (Prebendary of St Pauls)
- 1993 – 2007 Alex Ross
- 2008 – 2013 Kim Swithinbank
- 2014 – present Christopher Green
- "Hornsey, including Highgate: Churches | British History Online". www.british-history.ac.uk. Retrieved 2018-08-06.
- "Ecclesiastical intelligence". The Times (36808). London. 1 July 1902. p. 5.
- "Topographic map N10 3DB". topographic-map.com. Retrieved 2018-08-06.
- "St James' C of E Primary School - Our History". www.stjamesprimaryschool.co.uk. Retrieved 2018-08-06.
- [St James Vicar Board in Tower entrance ]
Media related to St James' church, Muswell Hill at Wikimedia Commons