Stranger in Town (1957 film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Stranger in Town|
U.S. lobby card
|Directed by||George Pollock|
|Produced by||Robert S. Baker|
|Written by||Edward Dryhurst|
|Based on||novel The Uninvited by Frank Chittenden|
|Music by||Stanley Black|
|Distributed by||Eros Films (UK)|
Astor Pictures Corporation (US)
Stranger in Town is a 1957 British crime film directed by George Pollock and starring Alex Nicol and Anne Paige. Arthur Lowe makes a brief appearance in a minor role. It was made by Tempean Films at Alliance Film Studios.
- Alex Nicol as John Madison
- Anne Paige as Vicky Leigh
- Mary Laura Wood as Lorna Ryland
- Mona Washbourne as Agnes Smith
- Charles Lloyd-Pack as Captain Nash
- Bruce Beeby as William Ryland
- John Horsley as Inspector Powell
- Colin Tapley as Henry Ryland
- Betty Impey as Geraldine Nash
- Peggy Ann Clifford as Mrs Woodham
- Arthur Lowe as the Jeweller
- Willoughby Goddard as the publican
- Goble, Alan (8 September 2011). "The Complete Index to Literary Sources in Film". Walter de Gruyter – via Google Books.
- "A Stranger in Town (1957)". BFI.
- "Stranger in Town (1956) - George Pollock | Cast and Crew | AllMovie" – via www.allmovie.com.
|This article related to a British film of the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 1950s crime film-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|