Syria at the 2000 Summer Olympics
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Syria at the|
2000 Summer Olympics
|NOC||Syrian Olympic Committee|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
|Other related appearances|
|United Arab Republic (1960)|
- Note–Ranks given for track events are within the athlete's heat only
- Q = Qualified for the next round
- q = Qualified for the next round as a fastest loser or, in field events, by position without achieving the qualifying target
- NR = National record
- N/A = Round not applicable for the event
- Bye = Athlete not required to compete in round
- Field events
|Zid Abou Hamed||400 m hurdles||50.74||33||Did not advance|
|Zahr-Edin Al Najem||52.7||59||Did not advance|
- Combined events – Heptathlon
|Athlete||Event||100H||HJ||SP||200 m||LJ||JT||800 m||Final||Rank|
|Athlete||Event||Round of 16||Quarterfinals||Semifinals||Final|
|Yousif Massas||Light middleweight|| Ibraimov (KAZ)
|Did not advance|
|Ihab Al-Youssef||Light heavyweight|| Venter (RSA)
|Did not advance|
Syria has qualified a single shooter.
|Mohamad Mahfoud||50 m rifle prone||575||53||Did not advance|
Syrian swimmers earned qualifying standards in the following events (up to a maximum of 2 swimmers in each event at the A-standard time, and 1 at the B-standard time):
|Fadi Kouzmah||200 m butterfly||02:11.56||46||Did not advance|
|Marella Mamoun||200 m freestyle||02:18.78||39||Did not advance|
- Wallechinsky, David (2004). The Complete Book of the Summer Olympics (Athens 2004 Edition). Toronto, Canada. ISBN 1-894963-32-6.
- International Olympic Committee (2001). The Results. Retrieved 12 November 2005.
- Sydney Organising Committee for the Olympic Games (2001). Official Report of the XXVII Olympiad Volume 1: Preparing for the Games. Retrieved 20 November 2005.
- Sydney Organising Committee for the Olympic Games (2001). Official Report of the XXVII Olympiad Volume 2: Celebrating the Games. Retrieved 20 November 2005.
- Sydney Organising Committee for the Olympic Games (2001). The Results. Retrieved 20 November 2005.
- International Olympic Committee Web Site