Talk:Inlet manifold

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Automotive engineering[edit]

I know next to nothing about engines but don't aeroplanes with internal combustion engines also have intake manifolds? So it isn't just automotive engineering is it? I'd presume that other internal combustion engines for other uses would also have intake manifolds as well, like trains and smaller ship etc. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Victoriosissimus (talkcontribs) 20:14, 20 January 2020 (UTC)

Are you aware that "internal combustion engine" also includes jet engines and rocket engines?  Stepho  talk  20:37, 20 January 2020 (UTC)
  • Is this is relation to the first sentence of the lead? "In automotive engineering, an inlet manifold is..." In that case, I'd agree. For some other things, like categorization into Auto parts, that's part of it, but it doesn't imply that it's an exclusive scope.
I can't think of better wording available offhand, but if anyone sees a better link, we could switch to it. Andy Dingley (talk) 00:04, 21 January 2020 (UTC)