Talk:International rankings of the United States
|This page was nominated for deletion on 8 December 2006. The result of the discussion was no consensus.|
|WikiProject United States||(Rated List-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Lists||(Rated List-class, Low-importance)|
Rankings not based entirely on emperical data are inherently non NPOV. The biases of the organizations determining the rankings should be considered. Bige1977 22:19, 16 April 2006 (UTC)
- Thank you for your concern, but I see this article as just a list of facts, so it can't be non NPOV as the data are obtained through research and studies. In other words, they niether support nor condemn the US, such they are NPOV. I created this page as an effort to remove the International rankings section on the US article, thus shortening it in size. A section on International rankings in a country article is not needed as it's not informative.
- The format of this article actually comes from International rankings of Singapore, which had been around since July 2005.--Ryz05 22:51, 16 April 2006 (UTC)
- My concern is many of these listed articles are really just results of polls and surveys. Ranking nations by land size is a quantifiable data. Defining and ranking abstract terms such as "freedom" and "quality of life" is difficult, especially on an international scale because the definitions and perceptions differ from culture to culture. Much of the findings of these studies are suitable as food for thought in a newspaper like USA today, but I do not think they are scientific, nor encyclopedic. Bige1977 01:47, 17 April 2006 (UTC)
- To make it easier to edit the individual entries and keep the data up-to-date. (Heroeswithmetaphors) talk 21:49, 10 June 2017 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on International rankings of the United States. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140214000000/http://rsf.org/index2014/en-index2014.php to https://rsf.org/en/ranking/2014
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20170224070253/http://pages.eiu.com/rs/783-XMC-194/images/Democracy_Index_2016.pdf to http://pages.eiu.com/rs/783-XMC-194/images/Democracy_Index_2016.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.