Talk:People's Socialist Republic of Albania
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- "tapped" is a word in English that means selected by a superior for a project. Did Hoxha give someone special treatment for some task? 184.108.40.206 (talk) 20:40, 22 December 2018 (UTC)
Religion in the infobox
Hello, Guy Macon.
So I've seen you've edited out for a second time the line on religion of the infobox. You claim that absence of religion is not one. I agree. The people who wrote the article agree. That's why it clearly states Religion: NONE. and also adds that state atheism was enforced. Is it claiming that atheism is a religion? No, because it says Religion: NONE. If it said "Religion: atheism", then I would agree. But it doesn't. It also provides a reference supporting that statement.
Furthermore, suppose we decide to remove the line on religion of the infobox. Then how would people know state atheism was enforced? What if they thought we just don't know what Albania's stance on religion was?
I hope you understand now the reasons why I reverted your editions.
- Re: "Furthermore, suppose we decide to remove the line on religion of the infobox. Then how would people know state atheism was enforced? What if they thought we just don't know what Albania's stance on religion was?", they are supposed to find that out by reading the article. Reading the article, I see no citation that shows the current Albanian government's position on religion since the Constitution of Albania was ratified in 1998, so your edit fails WP:V. You appear to know a lot about Albania, so please edit the article (the body of the article, not the infobox) with citations that establish the current Albanian government's position on state religions and freedom of religion.
- Re: "You claim that absence of religion is not one", in the edit you reverted I made no such claim. I claimed that there is a clear consensus against your edits as shown at the closing summary at Template talk:Infobox person#RfC: Religion infobox entries for individuals that have no religion. If you think the admin's closing comments did not accurately reflect consensus, I suggest contacting him on his talk page and asking him to reconsider the evidence. Don't forget that consensus among a limited group of editors, at one place and time, cannot override community consensus on a wider scale.
- Consensus has been established for removing the parameter. Any further attempts to re-insert it through reverts will result in a discussion at WP:ANI. You are, of course free to go to ANI yourself if you think that my behavior has been improper. --Guy Macon (talk) 02:31, 11 June 2015 (UTC)
- First, I want to underline that the PSR of Albania existed from 1948-1992. Now Albania is a liberal democracy, it's not a socialist country anymore. There is obviously no information then about the Constitution of 1998. The current stance on religion of Albania is different than that of the PSR of Albania. To begin with, they do not enforce state atheism. My edit does not fail WP:V, because the Constitution of 1998 belongs to another article, namely, Albania. In that article there's information about the current government's position on state religions.
- Second, What is then the purpose of infoboxes? If you are supposed to read the article to find out any information, why have an infobox with the most important facts? The fact that Albania was an atheist state isn't mentioned until the "Cultural and Ideological Revolution" section.
- Third, in the first edit you made removing the line on religion, you quoted Penn Jillette. He said something alone the lines, "atheism is a religion like not collecting stamps is a hobby". I think the meaning of that quote is to stress that atheism is not a religion.
- Fourth, the consensus against my edit was agreed upon in "Religion infobox entries for individuals that have no religion". The PSR of Albania was not an individual, it was a whole country, which had a very specific political stance on religion. An individual can't be state atheist. That consensus does not apply here, because it is important to underline that the PSR of Albania had no official religion, and even further, was state atheist.
- Fifth, I will go to ANI to discuss this issue. --WBritten (talk) 09:41, 11 June 2015 (UTC)
- Ah. My apologies about confusing the PSR of Albania with modern Albania. I just finished removing the parameter from roughly 600 articles, and while I did skim each of them and sometimes searched for words like "religion" or "atheism", I missed that. Sorry for the error. --Guy Macon (talk) 10:28, 11 June 2015 (UTC)
Hoxhaism should be removed from government
For one, the term "Hoxhaism" carries little meaning to the average reader. Juche was removed from North Korea for the same reason. Hoxhaism is still a form of Marxism-Leninism, and the term "Marxism-Leninism" may carry some meaning to the average reader.Holden3172 (talk) 02:47, 8 November 2016 (UTC)Holden3172
- I agree. There's no "Hoxhaist" form of government. The government structure and elections in Albania weren't much different from Hungary, Romania and similar countries. --Ismail (talk) 18:40, 8 November 2016 (UTC)
Cultural and Ideological Revolution - tagged
Only a couple of sentences are referenced - the first three paragraphs are not. Also, this section is linked to the article on China's Cultural Revolution, where it is also tagged for in-line citations. This needs to be addressed. December 2018 220.127.116.11 (talk) 20:36, 22 December 2018 (UTC)