Location of Teslić within Bosnia and Herzegovina
|Country||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|• Mayor||Milan Miličević (SDS)|
|• Municipality||837 km2 (323 sq mi)|
|• Municipality density||46/km2 (120/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Teslić (Serbian Cyrillic: Теслић) is a town and municipality located in Republika Srpska, an entity of Bosnia and Herzegovina. It is situated in the central part of the Republika Srpska, on the banks of Usora River. As of 2013, the town has a population of 7,518 inhabitants, while the municipality has 38,536 inhabitants.
The town was settled in the 19th century with the first industrialization of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Main industries are wood products and the chemical industry. Long before Tesliċ began to rise a nearby village called Čečava existed as one of the oldest places people inhabited, there is archaeological evidence that Čečava existed as early as the 10th century.
Teslić was until the late 1950s among the largest industrial centers in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Today Tesliċ industry is mostly based on the production of wood, milk, clothing, telecommunications, electro industry, metallic industry and building construction.
Tesliċ is also known as a tourist destination, mainly because of the Banja Vrućica, а health spa for healing cardio-vascular diseases. With a complex of five hotels and a capacity of over 1000 beds, Banja Vrućica has the biggest tourist capacity in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The nearby mountain Borja is an attractive tourist destination with two hotels and sports facilities.
According to the 2013 census results, the municipality of Teslić has a population of 38,536 inhabitants.
The ethnic composition of the municipality:
The following table gives a preview of total number of registered employed people per their core activity (as of 2016):
|Agriculture, forestry and fishing||318|
|Mining and quarrying||1|
|Distribution of power, gas, steam and air-conditioning||58|
|Distribution of water and water waste management||127|
|Wholesale and retail, repair||1,180|
|Transportation and storage||216|
|Hotels and restaurants||505|
|Information and communication||16|
|Finance and insurance||52|
|Real estate activities||2|
|Professional, scientific and technical activities||84|
|Administrative and support services||8|
|Public administration and defence||327|
|Healthcare and social work||290|
|Art, entertainment and recreation||31|
|Other service activities||108|
- Borki Predojević, professional chess player
- Dragan Blatnjak, football player
- Drago Đurić, former businessman
- Vladimir Petrović, football player
- Željka Cvijanović, President of Republika Srpska
- Drago Ćosić, Croatian sports commentator
- Dragan Bogdanic, Minister of Health and Social Welfare of Republika Srpska
- Jezera, formerly a village in Teslić
- Kusići, formerly a sub-village of Jezera
- Vrela, a village in Teslić
- Žarkovina, a village in Teslić
- Usora River
- Krstova Gora hill (formerly Gračun)
- "Popis 2013 u BiH – Teslić". statistika.ba (in Bosnian). Retrieved 22 December 2018.
- "Cities and Municipalities of Republika Srpska 2017" (PDF). rzs.rs.ba (in Serbian). December 2017. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Teslić.|
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Teslic.|