Thanga Darlong (born 20 July 1920) is an Indian folk music artist, known for his contribution to the folk music of Tripura and his work in preserving & promoting the traditional instrument Rosem. He was awarded the Padma Shri (2019), the fourth highest civilian award in India. He is also a recipient of Sangeet Natak Akademi Award 2014), the highest Indian recognition given to practising artists. He is also a recipient of Academic Fellowship Award (2015), state-level Vayoshresta Samman (2016) and Centenarian Award.
1st AB VAJPAYEE LIFE TIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD 2019
- "Tripura CM felicitates Padma Shri awardee Thanga Darlong". The Sentinel. 29 January 2019.
- "List of Padma Awardees 2019" (PDF). Padmaawards.gov.in. Government of India.
- "Thanga Darlong". Sangeetnatak.gov.in. Retrieved 30 January 2019.
- "Four North East artists conferred Sangeet Natak Akademi award". The Northeast Today.
- "President Gives Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards". Outlook India. 23 October 2015.
|This Indian music-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|