|Deputy editor||Christine Bohan|
|Managing editor||Susan Daly|
|Sports editor||Adrian Russell|
|Staff writers||20 news department staff |
|Headquarters||4th floor, Golden Lane, Latin Hall, Dublin 8|
|Circulation||750,000 Monthly Unique Users (Dec 2011)|
TheJournal.ie is an internet publication in Ireland. It was a mixture of original and aggregated content, before moving to entirely original content. The website was founded in early 2010 and is owned by Distilled Media.
It was edited by Jennifer O'Connell in 2010–2011, and by Susan Daly between 2011 and the summer of 2019 when Sinead O'Carroll stepped into the role with Daly’s promotion to Managing Editor. The publication employs approximately twenty journalists.
TheJournal.ie produces 70 original pieces of content per day. The website was originally divided into four components: TheJournal.ie itself for Irish and international news and opinion; Fora for business news; The42 (formerly TheScore) for sports news; and The Daily Edge for entertainment and gossip.
The Daily Edge and Fora are now defunct.
The42.ie is an Irish app and sports news website, published by Journal Media. It covers soccer, GAA, rugby, athletics, boxing, MMA and other sports.
The website was formerly known as TheScore.ie before changing its name to The42.ie in 2014.
The sports site is run by Editor, Adrian Russell, with Niall Kelly acting as Deputy Editor.
In April 2019, The42.ie was named Sports Media Outlet of the Year at the Irish Sport Federation awards.
As of 29 March 2019, The Daily Edge no longer produces content.
On 9 April 2020, Fora announced it was being shut by the parent company it shared with TheJournal.ie due to a decline in advertising revenue prompting the parent to reduce its costs in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic in the Republic of Ireland.
TheJournal.ie won three Eircom Spider Awards—Best News Site, the Digital Editor Award, and the Grand Prix Award for Best Overall Site. It also won two Irish Web Awards—Best Online Publication and Grand Prix for Best Website. In addition, it won the award for Best Media/Publishing App at the Appy Awards.
- Software developer job advertisement Adverts.ie.
- Siobhán, O'Connell (9 September 2010). "Copycat news site set to feed in chat and reaction". The Irish Times.
- "Distilled Media".
- "Student Loans". New Tech Post.
- "New editor for TheJournal.ie". Business & Leadership. 13 May 2011.
- "Twitter update on promotion". 22 August 2019.
- "AOP Member Profiles".
- "The42 wins Media Outlet of the Year prize at Sports Federation awards". The42.ie. 16 April 2019.
- "Bye from DailyEdge.ie, and thanks for all the memories". The Daily Edge. TheJournal.ie. 29 March 2019.
- "Farewell from Fora: A pleasure doing business with you - Fora". Fora.ie. 9 April 2020. Retrieved 9 April 2020.
- "Irishtimes.com wins best publication at Irish web awards". The Irish Times.
- "Digital and Social Media Marketing Training". SocialMedia.ie.