Foundation for Advancing Alcohol Responsibility
|Focus||Eliminating drunk driving and underage drinking|
|President and CEO: Chris Swonger|
Foundation for Advancing Alcohol Responsibility (Responsibility.org), formerly known as the Century Council, is a Virginia-based American not-for-profit organization founded in 1991 and funded by a group of distillers that aims to fight to eliminate drunk driving and underage drinking and promotes responsible decision-making regarding alcohol use.
The Arlington, Virginia-based organization is an independent national advisory board with members in the realm of education, medicine, government, business, and other relevant disciplines assists in the development of programs and policies. Member companies include Bacardi, Beam Suntory, Brown-Forman, Constellation Brands, DIAGEO, Edrington, Hood River Distillers, and Pernod Ricard.
Programs, initiatives and campaigns
The Foundation for Advancing Alcohol Responsibility (Responsibility.org) works with law enforcement, public officials, educators, parents and students to create programs aimed at reducing the incidents of drunk driving and underage drinking:
- Alcohol 101 Plus is an interactive online program which aims to help students make safe and responsible decisions about alcohol on college campuses.
- Ask, Listen, Learn: Kids and Alcohol Don't Mix (developed with Nickelodeon) encourages parents to create an ongoing dialogue about the dangers of alcohol with their kids.
- B4UDrink Educator aims to educate adults about the influence of alcohol on an individual's Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) level.
- Cops in Shops is an alcohol law enforcement program in which undercover police officers work with participating alcoholic beverage retailers with the aim to deter youth under 21 from attempting to purchase alcohol or adults that purchase alcohol for minors.
- Girl Talk: Choices and Consequences of Underage Drinking attempts to encourage mothers and daughters to communicate about the dangers of underage drinking and the specific risks facing teenage girls.
- National Hardcore Drunk Driving Project provides a comprehensive resource for state legislators, local policy makers, highway safety officials, law enforcement officers, judges, prosecutors, community advocates, and treatment professionals to effectively deal with hardcore drunk drivers.
- We Don't Serve Teens (developed with The Federal Trade Commission) is a public awareness campaign designed to prevent underage drinking by informing adults that providing underage drinkers with alcohol is unsafe, illegal and irresponsible.
In 2008-2009, FAAR sponsored the National Student Advertising Competition held by the American Advertising Federation. Over 140 college teams from across the country competed to create a campaign aimed at reducing binge drinking among college students. The winning campaign was from Syracuse University.
Responsibility.org launched Think Responsibly, a campaign directed to millennial adults of legal purchase age who choose to drink, in partnership with Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America (WSWA) and the Distilled Spirits Council of the United States (DISCUS) at the wholesalers’ 76th annual convention in Orlando in 2019. 
On April 2, 2014, The Century Council changed its name to the Foundation for Advancing Alcohol Responsibility, or Responsibility.org.
- "Attorney General Fox Recognized with the Foundation for Advancing Alcohol Responsibility's 2014 Leadership Award". Montana Department of Justice. 2014-11-20. Retrieved 2019-11-08.
- Asbury Park Press, 6/25/08, "Officials focus on underage drinking"
- Courier-Post, 6/25/08, 'Cops in Shops' targets underage shore drinkers
- New Jersey Record, 6/24/08, "Cops target booze-buying for kids"
- The Atlantic Coast Conference. Mia Hamm Elected to Soccer Hall of Fame
- Society for Women's Health Research. New Survey Reveals Alarming Data on Moms, Daughters and Underage Drinking, Women's Health Research
- Nixon, FTC and The Century Council team up for national "We Don't Serve Teens" Week
- Syracuse University is the winner of the 2009 National Student Advertising Competition
- "Responsibility.org partners with WSWA to launch Think Responsibly campaign – Distilled Spirits Council of the United States". www.distilledspirits.org. Retrieved 2019-11-13.
- "Beverage Journal" (PDF). May 2019.
- US: Century Council becomes FARR in bid to tackle alcohol-related issues