The Park Hotels
|Founded||1 November 1967|
Number of locations
|Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi, Visakhapatnam and Goa|
|Products||Hotels and resorts|
|Parent||Apeejay Surrendra Group|
The Park Hotels is a collection of contemporary luxury five-star boutique hotels in India belonging to the Apeejay Surrendra Group, headquartered in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. These hotels are located in Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Navi Mumbai, New Delhi, Visakhapatnam and Goa. New properties are under construction in Kochi, Kolkata (E.M. Bypass), Pune, Coimbatore and Jaipur.
Among these, The Park Kolkata was awarded the "National Tourism Award" (2003–04) for outstanding performance as the Best Boutique Hotel in the country by the Department of Tourism, Government of India. The Park Bangalore was designed by Terence Conran. The Park Kolkata under the flagship of Park Hotels won The Best Business Hotel award at Travel+ lesiure India south Asia's luxury travel event 'India's Best Awards 2018' in New Delhi
List of The Park Hotels in India
|City/location||Hotel name||Rooms||Opening year|
|Bangalore||The Park, Bangalore||109||1999|
|Chennai||The Park, Chennai||214||2002|
|Goa||The Park Calangute, Goa||30||2011|
|Hyderabad||The Park, Hyderabad||268||2010|
|Jodhpur||Zone - by The Park, Jodhpur||90||2017|
|Kolkata||The Park, Kolkata||149||1967|
|Navi Mumbai||The Park, Navi Mumbai||80||2007|
|Mumbai||The Park, Mumbai||60||2019|
|New Delhi||The Park, New Delhi||220||1987|
|Raipur||Zone - by The Park, Raipur||185||2018|
|Visakhapatnam||The Park, Visakhapatnam||166||1980|
The hotel business was started by Surrendra Paul in 1967, with the opening of the group's first hotel, The Park, a 150-room hotel on the fashionable Park Street in Kolkata, on 1 November; the hotel at Visakhapatnam was added in 1968, while The Park New Delhi commenced operations in 1987. After the death of Surrendra Paul, his daughter Priya Paul succeeded him in 1990. Subsequently, The Park Bangalore was added in 2000, while The Park Chennai was commissioned in 2002.
In 2006, Forbes, listed "Atrium" in The Park Chennai, with its menu designed by Italian chef Antonio Carluccio, amongst India's top 10 Most Expensive Restaurants. In 2010, The Independent, listed The Park Hyderabad amongst its list of "100 holiday ideas for 2010".
- "The Park Hotels buys second hotel in Maharashtra". Business Standard. 19 February 2008.
- "Business hotel chains use tech to cut costs, keep customers". Mint. 18 June 2007.
- "Priya Paul, the force behind Park Hotels". Rediff Money. 23 July 2005.
- "Tourism award for The Park". Business Line. 28 January 2005.
- "Aquazone at the Park Hotel, Bangalore, India". The Telegraph. London. 9 November 2009. Retrieved 25 May 2010.
- "The First Lady of boutique". Express Hospitality (Indian Express Group). 16–31 March 2006.
- "Innovating constantly..." Business Line. 18 January 2003.
- "Reviving the magic of Jantar Mantar". Indian Express. 22 October 2000.
- Saabira Chaudhuri (18 December 2006). "International Dining: India's Most Expensive Restaurants". Forbes.
- Kinsman, Juliet (3 January 2010). "100 holiday ideas for 2010: Hotels". London: The Independent. Retrieved 25 May 2010.
- "Celebrity Fashion Diva and Icon 2019 | The Park Hotels | Hyderabad". The Hans India.