The Titan: Story of Michelangelo
|The Titan: Story of Michelangelo|
|Directed by||Richard Lyford|
|Produced by||Ralph Alswang|
Robert J. Flaherty
|Written by||Norman Borisoff|
|Narrated by||Fredric March|
|Edited by||Richard Lyford|
|Distributed by||Classic Pictures|
The film was a re-edited version of a German/Swiss film of 1938 originally titled Michelangelo: Life of a Titan, directed by Curt Oertel. The re-edited version put a new English narration by Fredric March and a musical score onto a shorter edit of the existing film. The new credits include Richard Lyford as director and Robert Snyder as producer. The film was edited by Richard Lyford.
- Fredric March as Himself/Narrator
- "The 23rd Academy Awards (1951) Nominees and Winners". oscars.org. Archived from the original on 6 July 2011. Retrieved 19 August 2011.
- Crowther, Bosley. "NY Times: The Titan: Story of Michelangelo". NY Times. Retrieved 7 November 2008.
- "Preserved Projects". Academy Film Archive.
- The Titan: Story of Michelangelo on IMDb
- The Titan: Story of Michelangelo is available for free download at the Internet Archive
- The Titan: Story of Michelangelo at Masters & Masterworks Productions, founded by Robert Snyder
|This article about a documentary film about the arts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a biographical documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|