The Vineyard, Richmond
The Vineyard is a street in Richmond, London. It includes three groups of almshouses, a Grade II listed church (St Elizabeth of Portugal Church) and Clarence House, a 17th-century Grade II listed house associated with Bernardo O’Higgins, who is commemorated on the wall of the property with a blue plaque, installed by English Heritage, for his role in the Chilean War of Independence.[nb 1]
- "The Almshouses of Richmond" (PDF). Local History Notes. London Borough of Richmond upon Thames. Retrieved 14 July 2018.
- Historic England. "Bishop Duppa's Almshouses (1253024)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 14 July 2018.
- Historic England. "Michel's Almshouses, and Front Wall, Railings and Entrance Gates (1261952)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- Historic England. "Church of St Elizabeth of Portugal (1261982)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- Orr, Stephen. "Clarence House". The Vineyard, Richmond. Retrieved 3 July 2018.
- "Clarence House: a home with a Blessed history". The Daily Telegraph. London. 2012. Retrieved 4 July 2018.
- Richmond Local History Society (2019). The Streets of Richmond and Kew (3rd edition), ISBN 978-1912-314010.
- Orr, Stephen. "The Vineyard, Richmond: an Online History for residents, their families and friends".