The Walt Disney Company CIS
|CIS (Russia, Kazakhstan, Belarus)|
|Parent||The Walt Disney Company EMEA|
(Disney International Operations)
The Walt Disney Company CIS, LLC is the Russian subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company EMEA region of Disney International Operations. The Walt Disney Company CIS was founded in April 2006. It is headquartered in Moscow, the capital of Russia.
The company owns and operates a Russian version of Disney Channel. Disney Channel was originally planned to launch in 2009, but a Disney Americas deal with Media-One Holdings was denied by Russian authorities.
Kakhaber Abashidze is now the head of The Walt Disney Company CIS.
- Walt Disney Studios Sony Pictures Releasing CIS (WDSSPR CIS) (2007-2020 with partnership from Sony Pictures Entertainment)
- Disney Studios (Disney Studios, LLC) (2020–present)
The first feature flm produced by Disney Russia was The Book of Masters released in 2009. Disney Russia planned to make two new films in the summer of 2011, but after the lackluster financial results of The Book of Masters Disney Russia abandoned those plans. The next feature film from Disney Russia was The Last Warrior released in 2017.
- Feature films
- The Book of Masters (2009)
- The Last Warrior (2017 film)
- The Last Warrior 2: Root of Evil (2021 film)
- The Last Warrior 3 (2022)
- TV and short films
- After school, TV Series
- Happiness is..., Collection of short films
- Happiness Is... Part 2
- "Walt Disney channel for Russia". Broadband TV News. December 17, 2008. Retrieved 2011-05-01.
- Barnes, Brooks (December 16, 2008). "Disney Plans a Channel for Russian TV". The New York Times. Retrieved 2011-05-01.
- "Disney And CTC Media Conclude Licensing Deal". Animation World Network. April 8, 2008. Retrieved 2011-05-01.
- "Channel 31 Kazakhstan and Disney Conclude Licensing Deal". CTC Media. December 2, 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-02.
- Kozlov, Vladimir (April 29, 2011). "Disney to Begin Production of Two Russian-Language Movies This Summer". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2011-05-01.
- "Disney and Russia: what next?". Broadband TV News. February 24, 2009. Retrieved 2011-05-01.
- "Disney scraps Russian plans". Broadband TV News. May 8, 2009. Retrieved 2011-05-01.
- "MTS and Disney Sign Deal to Deliver Digital Content to Russia". Mobile TeleSystems. April 7, 2010. Retrieved 2011-05-01.
- "Disney inks Russian 3D deal". Broadband TV News. December 3, 2010. Retrieved 2011-05-01.
- "Disney's new man in southern EMEA". Broadband TV News. December 18, 2008. Retrieved 2011-05-01.
- Kniga Masterov (The Book of Masters) (film). d23.com, 2009
- Last Knight, The (Posledny Bogatyr) (film). d23.com, 2017