Thomas Jonathan Jackson (sculpture)
Thomas Jonathan Jackson
The monument in 2014
|Location||Jackson Park, bounded by High, Jefferson, and 4th Sts., and Albemarle Co. Courthouse, Charlottesville, Virginia|
|Area||less than one acre|
|Architectural style||bronze sculpture|
|MPS||Four Monumental Figurative Outdoor Sculptures in Charlottesville MPS|
|NRHP reference #||97000446|
|Added to NRHP||May 16, 1997|
|Designated VLR||June 19, 1996|
Thomas Jonathan Jackson is a historic bronze equestrian sculpture of Stonewall Jackson located at Charlottesville, Virginia. It was sculpted by Charles Keck (1875-1951), and was the third of four works commissioned from members of the National Sculpture Society by Paul Goodloe McIntire. The sculpture was the second of three McIntire gave to the city during the years 1919 to 1924. It was erected in 1921. All four sculptures are located in Charlottesville.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1997. It is located in the Charlottesville and Albemarle County Courthouse Historic District.
On the 2017 attempt to have the statue removed, see Robert Edward Lee (sculpture)#Proposed removal.
- Meriwether and William Clark Lewis (sculpture)
- Robert Edward Lee (sculpture)
- George Rogers Clark (sculpture)
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "Virginia Landmarks Register". Virginia Department of Historic Resources. Retrieved 5 June 2013.
- Betsey Gohdes-Baten (April 1996). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Thomas Jonathan Jackson Sculpture" (PDF). Virginia Department of Historic Resources. and Accompanying photo
|This article about a property in Charlottesville, Virginia on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|