Tim Lopes (baseball)
Lopes with the Seattle Mariners in 2019
|Seattle Mariners – No. 10|
|Born: June 24, 1994|
Los Angeles, California
|July 24, 2019, for the Seattle Mariners|
|MLB statistics |
(through 2019 season)
|Runs batted in||12|
Lopes attended Edison High School in Huntington Beach, California. Lopes was drafted by the Seattle Mariners in the 6th round, with the 191st overall selection, of the 2012 Major League Baseball draft.
Lopes split the 2012 season between the Arizona League Mariners and the High Desert Mavericks, hitting a combined .313/.375/.476/.851 with 33 RBI. He spent the 2013 season with the Clinton LumberKings, hitting .272/.315/.344/.659 with 1 home run and 33 RBI. His 2014 season was spent with High Desert, hitting .238/.308/.337/.645 with 4 home runs and 44 RBI. He spent the 2015 season with the Bakersfield Blaze, hitting .276/.340/.362/.702 with 2 home runs and 49 RBI. He spent the 2016 season with the Jackson Generals, hitting .284/.358/.355/.713 with 1 home run and 49 RBI.
On September 30, 2016, Lopes was traded to the Toronto Blue Jays as the PTBNL in a trade in exchange for Pat Venditte. Lopes spent the 2017 season with the New Hampshire Fisher Cats, hitting .271/.338/.390/.728 with 7 home runs and 50 RBI. He spent the 2018 season with the Buffalo Bisons, hitting .277/.325/.364/.689 with 2 home runs and 29 RBI.
On July 23, 2019, the Mariners selected Lopes' contract and promoted him to the major leagues. He made his debut on July 24, as a ninth inning defensive replacement at second base. He was placed on the 7-day concussion injured list on July 26, after being struck in the helmet by a Drew VerHagen fastball on July 25. After spending the next 11 days on the concussion list, Lopes hit his first major league home run off Adrián Morejón of the San Diego Padres on August 6.
- Andrew Drennen (August 15, 2011). "Tim Lopes back in Long Beach". ESPN. Retrieved July 23, 2019.
- Amy Moritz (May 15, 2018). "Lopes follows in his brother's footsteps". The Buffalo News. Retrieved July 23, 2019.
- "Tim Lopes Player page". MLB.com. Retrieved July 23, 2019.
- MarinersPR (July 23, 2019). "Mariners Select INF Tim Lopes from AAA Tacoma". marinersblog.mlblogs.com. Seattle Mariners. Retrieved July 23, 2019.
- "Texas Rangers at Seattle Mariners Box Score, July 24, 2019". Baseball Reference. Retrieved July 25, 2019.
- "M's Lopes takes fastball to helmet in first start". ESPN. July 26, 2019. Retrieved July 26, 2019.
- Smith, Lauren (August 7, 2019). "In 2 weeks, Mariners rookie Lopes debuted, went on the concussion list, and belted his first homer". The News Tribune. Archived from the original on August 7, 2019. Retrieved August 8, 2019.