|Chairman of the Green League|
Assumed office |
17 June 2017
|Preceded by||Ville Niinistö|
|Member of the Finnish Parliament|
Assumed office |
22 April 2015
1 April 1984|
|Political party||Green League|
Touko Juhani Aalto (born 1 April 1984) is a Finnish politician and the chairman of the Green League since 2017. He has represented the electoral district of Central Finland in the Parliament of Finland since 2015.
Aalto was born in Savonlinna and later lived in Joensuu. He currently lives in Jyväskylä, Finland. Aalto graduated as Bachelor of Social Sciences from the University of Jyväskylä in 2008. He worked as a cleaner and salesperson before becoming parliamentary assistant of MP Jani Toivola in 2011.
Aalto was elected to the City Council of Jyväskylä in 2008 and to the Parliament in 2015. He is the first Green Member of the Parliament from Central Finland. He is currently member of the Finance Committee of the Parliament. In the 2017 municipal elections, Aalto received the most personal votes in Jyväskylä at the same time when the Green League became the largest party of Jyväskylä. On 17 June 2017, Aalto won the Green League leadership election, and became the chairman of the party.
European Parliament elections
|2011||Central Finland||1,721||Not elected|
Aalto was married with Johanna Pietiläinen from 2015 to 2017, when the couple got divorced due to Aalto's affair with a staff member of the Green League. The couple didn't have any children.
- "Touko Aalto". Parliament of Finland. Retrieved 14 April 2017.
- "Touko". Touko Aalto. Retrieved 14 April 2017.
- Kivinen, Anna (25 May 2011). "Touko Aalto ilman haastattelua Toivolan avustajaksi". Keskisuomalainen. Retrieved 14 April 2017.
- Rinne, Mika. "Vihreät valloittivat Jyväskylän - ääniharava Touko Aalto: "Olen liikuttuneessa tilassa"". Iltalehti (10 April 2017). Retrieved 14 April 2017.
- Touko Aalto vihreiden puheenjohtajaksi Ilta-Sanomat. Retrieved 17 June 2017.
- "Information resources". Vaalit.fi. Ministry of Justice of Finland. Retrieved 14 April 2017.
- Vihreiden puheenjohtaja Touko Aalto eroaa – taustalla toinen nainen MTV. Retrieved 3 February 2018.