Nikkei 225 Component
|Founded||June 25, 1917|
|Headquarters||Higashi-Gotanda, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo 141-8627, Japan|
|Revenue||JPY 785.2 billion (FY 2017) (US$ $7.3 billion) (FY 2017)|
|JPY-24.7 billion (FY 2017) (US$ -232 million) (FY 2017)|
Number of employees
|18,419 (consolidated, as of March 31, 2018)|
|Footnotes / references|
Toyo Seikan Group Holdings, Ltd. (東洋製罐グループホールディングス株式会社, Tōyō Seikan Gurūpu Hōrudingusu Kabushiki-gaisha) (formerly known as Toyo Seikan Kaisha, Ltd.) is a Japan-based packaging container manufacturing company.
It became a holding company in 2013, taking the name Toyo Seikan Group Holdings Ltd. As of March 2013, the company has 78 subsidiary and nine affiliate companies. It is listed on the first section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange and the Osaka Securities Exchange and is a constituent of the Nikkei 225 stock index.
Business segments and products
- Packaging business
- Metal, plastic, glass and paper containers
- Aerosol and general filling products
- Steel-plate related business
- Steel plates and related steel-plate-processed products
- Machinery and equipment business
- Container manufacturing equipment and filling & seaming equipment
The Group also engages in the manufacturing and sales of hard alloys, raw material products for agriculture, sales of petroleum products, non-life insurance agency business and real estate management.
- "Company Profile". Retrieved April 6, 2014.
- "Company Profile". Nikkei Asian Review. Nikkei Inc. Retrieved November 27, 2018.
- "About the company". Financial Times. Retrieved November 27, 2018.
- "Toyo Seikan Group Holdings Ltd in Packaging". Euromonitor. May 2015. Retrieved September 25, 2017.
- "Components:Nikkei Stock Average". Nikkei Inc. Retrieved April 6, 2014.
- "Company Businesses". Retrieved April 6, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Toyo Seikan.|
- Official website (in English)
- Toyo Seikan Co. Ltd. (subsidiary) (in English)
- Toyo Glass (subsidiary) (in English)
- Crown Seal (subsidiary) (in English)
- Stolle Machinery Company, Inc. (subsidiary) (in English)