Treasure Coast Square
|Location||Martin County, Florida|
|Developer||Edward J. DeBartolo Corp |
|Management||Simon Property Group|
|Owner||Simon Property Group|
|No. of stores and services||115|
|No. of anchor tenants||4|
|Total retail floor area||876,257 square feet (81,406.9 square meters)|
|No. of floors||1 (2 in anchors except JCPenney and former Sears)|
Treasure Coast Square is a shopping mall in Martin County, Florida, United States. It comprises 115 stores, including anchor stores Dillard's, JCPenney, and Macy's, as well as a food court and Regal 16-screen movie theater. The mall is managed by Simon Property Group, and opened in 1987.
The mall opened in 1987 with original anchor tenants J. C. Penney, Jordan Marsh, and Lord & Taylor. The mall's opening caused the decline of the existing Martin Square Mall in nearby Martin, from which J. C. Penney relocated, and Boca Mall (now known as Mizner Park) in Boca Raton. At the time of opening, the latter two stores included the only escalators in Martin County. A 1989 expansion brought Sears, while a second expansion in 1993 added a Dillard's department store. When Lord & Taylor closed its location at the mall in 1990, its space became Mervyns. The Mervyns store closed in 1997 and, although Simon Property Group was initially in talks to convert the space to Bed Bath & Beyond, the space instead became a Borders Books & Music. Also, the Jordan Marsh converted to Burdines and then to Macy's. After Borders went out of business in 2011, the space became an hhgregg electronics store which closed in 2017.
The opening of the mall attracted nearly 800,000 square feet of new retail development in its area in the first ten years of opening.
On November 8, 2018, it was announced that Sears will be closing this location in early 2019 as part of a plan to close 40 stores.
- "Square prepares to expand". The Palm Beach Post. September 26, 1988. p. 47. Retrieved 23 April 2030. Check date values in:
- "Square prepares to expand". The Palm Beach Post. September 26, 1988. p. 47. Retrieved 23 January 2018.
- "A mini Sawgrass Mills in the works: Treasure Coast becoming a mecca for retailers". Palm Beach Post. March 5, 1998. pp. 1D, 8D. Retrieved 23 January 2018.
- "Treasure+coast+square"+"dillard%27s" "Jensen Beach Dillard's first in South Florida". Palm Beach Poast. March 4, 1993. pp. 7B, 12B. Retrieved 23 January 2018.
- "Treasure+coast"+"mervyns" "Retail engine Treasure Coast Square to get tuneup". Palm Beach Post. March 25, 2001. pp. 1F, 2F. Retrieved 23 January 2018.