Tudor's Biscuit World
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Tudor's Biscuit World|
Tudor's location in Charleston, West Virginia
|Slogan||Start your day the homemade way.|
|Food type||Breakfast and lunch fast food|
|Other locations||Throughout West Virginia, Kentucky, Ohio, and Florida.|
Tudor's Biscuit World is a restaurant chain and franchise based in Huntington, West Virginia, most commonly found in West Virginia. Many West Virginia locations share a building with Gino's Pizza and Spaghetti, although the chain is more extensive than Gino's (which is exclusive to West Virginia), having locations in southern Ohio, eastern Kentucky, and southwestern Virginia. In 2016 a franchise was opened in Panama City, Florida.
Tudor's serves biscuits, biscuit sandwiches, homestyle breakfasts and dinners, muffins, and several side dishes. The chain was originally based in Charleston, West Virginia and many of the biscuit sandwiches are named for sports teams of interest in that area, including teams at Marshall University, West Virginia University, and The University of Charleston.
Tudor's Biscuit World was the original idea and concept of Bill and Mae Tudor and their son John Tudor. Bill and Mae opened the very first Tudors on Washington Street in Charleston, WV in 1980. Their son John joined them two months later after graduating from ECU. They opened more stores in the Charleston and Huntington areas, and began selling franchises. In 1986, Bill Tudor died and John and his mother continued to grow the business with the addition of Oshel Craigo as their new franchise partner.
- "Menu". Todur's Biscuit World. Retrieved January 27, 2001.
- "Locations". Tudor's Biscuit World. Retrieved January 27, 2011.
- "Business beat: Tudor's Biscuit World on 20th Street celebrates 20th anniversary". The Herald-Dispatch. February 9, 2018. Retrieved February 9, 2018.
- Casto, Jared (February 9, 2018). "Tudor's Biscuit World expands to Florida". Charleston Gazette-Mail. Retrieved February 9, 2018.
- Tudor’s Biscuit World expands to Florida
- "These Fast Food Chains Are Only Found in West Virginia and We'd Like to Know Why". Food & Wine. August 30, 2017. Retrieved February 9, 2018.
- Waddy, Jan (June 2, 2016). "Tudor's Biscuit World takes me overboard". Panama City News Herald. Retrieved February 9, 2018.