|Founder||Dato' Peter Ng|
|Chancellor||YAM Tunku Zain Al-‘Abidin ibni Tuanku Muhriz|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dato' Peter Ng|
|Campus||Kuala Lumpur, Kuching, Terengganu, Bandar Springhill|
UCSI University is a comprehensive university in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. UCSI offers various disciplines, which include medicine, pharmacy, engineering, IT, applied sciences, business, architecture, music, social sciences, creative arts and hospitality, at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
UCSI was founded in 1986 by Dato' Peter Ng as a computer training institute in Petaling Jaya. It soon relocated to new premises in Kuala Lumpur to cater to growing student numbers and more academic programmes were offered. UCSI was accorded college status in 1990 by the Ministry of Education (Malaysia), university college status in 2003 and full-fledged university status in 2008, becoming Malaysia's second private university. The institution was formerly known as Sedaya.
Faculties and institutes
UCSI University has seven faculties and three institutes that offer more than 100 academic programmes.
- • Faculty of Applied Sciences
- • Faculty of Business and Management
- • Faculty of Engineering, Technology and Built Environment
- • Faculty of Hospitality and Tourism Management
- • Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
- • Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- • Faculty of Social Science and Liberal Arts
- • Institute of Music
- • Institute of Computer Science and Digital Innovation
- • De Institute of Creative Arts and Design
UCSI College, sister institution
To offer a wider range of academic programmes, UCSI College, an education subsidiary under UCSI Group is set up in 2015. UCSI College offers Pre-University, Diploma and Certificate, Degree Transfer and 3+0 UK degree programmes. UCSI College is now a MyQUEST 5-star private college.