Union of Arab National Olympic Committees
|22 National Olympic Committees|
|Nawaf bin Faisal|
The Union of Arab National Olympic Committees (acronym: UANOC; Arabic: إتحاد اللجان الأولمبية الوطنية العربية) is an international organization that unites the 22 National Olympic Committees (NOCs) of the Arab world. It is headquartered in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
In May 1976, in a conference of Arab olympic committees held in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), members decided to establish a union called the Arab Sports Confederation (ASC). The goals of the confederation are the advancement of the Olympic movement and sports in the Arab countries, develop and maintain the rules and principles of the Olympic, encourage and protect the hobby, as well as cooperation with the Arab and international sports organizations. Riyadh was chosen as the headquarters of the confederation and Prince Faisal bin Fahd was elected as its President until his death in 1999. The Arab Sports Confederation changed its name to Union of Arab National Olympic Committees (UANOC) in 2008.
The most important activities of the union, attend international and continental meetings that act for youth and sports both, contribute to the organization of Arab sports tournaments, supervision and the establishment of tournaments, seminars, sports medicine and sports media, management and administration and sports photography.
- "تغيير مسمى الاتحاد العربي للألعاب الرياضية إلى اتحاد اللجان الأولمبية". Al-Sharq Al-Awsat. Mohammed El-Qusi. June 9, 2008.
- Comité Olympique Algérien
- Bahrain Olympic Committee
- Comité Olympique et Sportif des Iles Comores
- Comité National Olympique Djiboutien
- Egyptian Olympic Committee
- National Olympic Committee of Iraq
- Jordan Olympic Committee
- Kuwait Olympic Committee
- Lebanese Olympic Committee
- Libyan Olympic Committee
- Comité National Olympique et Sportif Mauritanien
- Comité Olympique Marocain
- Oman Olympic Committee
- Palestine Olympic Committee
- Qatar Olympic Committee
- Saudi Arabian Olympic Committee
- Somali Olympic Committee
- Sudan Olympic Committee
- Syrian Olympic Committee
- Comité National Olympique Tunisien
- United Arab Emirates National Olympic Committee
- Yemen Olympic Committee