United States House of Representatives elections in Kentucky, 2018
All six Kentucky seats to the United States House of Representatives
|Elections in Kentucky|
The 2018 United States House of Representatives elections in Kentucky will be held on November 6, 2018, to elect the six U.S. Representatives from the state of Kentucky, one from each of the state's six congressional districts. The elections will coincide with other elections to the House of Representatives, elections to the United States Senate and various state and local elections.
Republican Brett Guthrie, who has represented the district since 2009, filed for re-election on November 27, 2017. Two Democrat challengers have filed against Guthrie: Grant Short and Brian Pedigo.
The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee included Kentucky's 6th congressional district on its initial list of Republican-held seats considered targets in 2018. Lexington Mayor Jim Gray, who carried this district 52-48 percent during his 2016 challenge of Senator Rand Paul, declared his candidacy on December 5, 2017. On July 1, 2017, State Senator Reggie Thomas announced his campaign for the Democratic nomination. Amy McGrath, a Lieutenant Colonel in the United States Marines Corps, announced her candidacy on August 1, 2017.
- Swietek, Wes. "Guthrie files for re-election, now faces 2 challengers". Bowling Green Daily News. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- Cheney, Kyle (January 30, 2017). "Amid Democratic doldrums, DCCC identifies 2018 targets". Politico. Retrieved February 11, 2017.
- Sena, Dan (January 30, 2017). "House Democrats Playing Offense" (PDF). Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee. Retrieved February 11, 2017.
- Wheatley, Kevin (November 13, 2016). "After bruising U.S. Senate campaign, Democrats say Gray should look to Congress, constitutional offices in future". CN2 Pure Politics. Retrieved February 11, 2017.
- Desrochers, Daniel (July 1, 2017). "Thomas announces he'll challenge Barr for House of Representatives seat in 2018". Lexington Herald-Leader. Retrieved July 1, 2017.
- Kurtzleben, Danielle (August 2, 2017). "Female Retired Marine With Viral Campaign Ad Hopes To Bridge Gap In Democratic Party". NPR. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- Official campaign websites of first district candidates
- Official campaign websites of second district candidates
- Official campaign websites of third district candidates
- Official campaign websites of fourth district candidates
- Official campaign websites of sixth district candidates