United States Post Office (Harrison, New York)
US Post Office-Harrison
U.S. Post Office, Harrison, New York, July 2010
|Location||258 Halstead Ave., Harrison, New York, 10528|
|Area||less than one acre|
|Architect||Simon, Louis A.; Goodwin, Harold|
|Architectural style||Colonial Revival|
|MPS||US Post Offices in New York State, 1858-1943, TR|
|NRHP reference No.||88002524|
|Added to NRHP||May 11, 1989|
US Post Office-Harrison is a historic post office building located at Harrison in Westchester County, New York, United States. It was built in 1938 by the Office of the Supervising Architect under the direction of Louis A. Simon. It is a one-story, symmetrically massed building clad with random stone ashlar in the Colonial Revival style. The entrance is flanked by fluted, engaged Doric order columns and pilasters which support a simple entablature. The slate roof is topped by a square, flat topped cupola. The lobby features a 1941 mural by Harold Goodwin titled "Early Days of the Automobile."
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. March 13, 2009.
- "Cultural Resource Information System (CRIS)" (Searchable database). New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation. Retrieved 2016-03-01. Note: This includes Larry E. Gobrecht (July 1986). "National Register of Historic Places Registration Form: Harrison Post Office" (PDF). Retrieved 2016-03-01. and Accompanying five photographs
|This article about a historic property or district in Westchester County, New York, that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|