University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine
|University of Nevada School of Medicine (1969–2016)|
|Established||March 25, 1969|
|University of Nevada, Reno|
|Dean||Thomas L. Schwenk|
|Students||68 per year|
The University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine is an academic division of the University of Nevada, Reno and grants the Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree. The School of Medicine was founded on March 25, 1969, as the first medical school in the state of Nevada. More than 1,500 MDs have graduated from the School of Medicine. The pre-clinical campus is located in Reno, but the third and fourth years can be spent in hospitals and clinics throughout Nevada. Residencies associated with the School of Medicine are located in Reno. Students may earn the MD-MPH, MD-MBA or MD–PhD degrees as well.
The School of Medicine has affiliations with many hospitals from Nevada, Arizona and other states, including the following.
- Banner Churchill Community Hospital (Fallon)
- Battle Mountain General Hospital (Battle Mountain)
- Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center (Carson City)
- Carson Valley Medical Center (Gardnerville)
- Desert View Hospital (Pahrump)
- Golden Valley Medical Center (Winnemucca)
- Humboldt General Hospital (Winnemucca)
- Incline Village Community Hospital (Incline Village)
- Mount Grant General Hospital (Hawthorne)
- Northeastern Nevada Regional Hospital (Elko)
- Northern Nevada Medical Center (Sparks)
- Pershing General Hospital (Lovelock)
- Renown Regional Medical Center (Reno)
- Renown South Meadows Medical Center (Reno)
- Saint Mary's Regional Medical Center (Reno)
- South Lyon Medical Center (Yerington)
- VA Sierra Nevada Health (Reno)
- William Bee Ririe Critical Access Hospital (Ely)
Graduate medical education
The residencies and fellowships associated with the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine, as of July 1, 2017.
|Family Medicine||3 years||ACGME|
|Internal Medicine||3 years||ACGME|
|Sports Medicine||Family Medicine||1 year||ACGME|
|Geriatric Medicine||Internal Medicine||1 year||ACGME|
|Hospice and Palliative Medicine||Internal Medicine||1 year||ACGME|
|Child and Adolescent Psychiatry||Psychiatry||2 years||ACGME|
The Savitt Medical Library is the academic medical library for the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine. The library was founded in July 1978, after the medical school converted to a four-year, degree-granting program. It was named for Sol and Ella Savitt after their gift made support for the library and its collection possible. Previously it was known as the Life and Health Sciences Library and was housed in the Max C. Fleischmann College of Agriculture in 1958.
- "About the School of Medicine". University of Nevada, Reno. Retrieved January 24, 2016.
- "University of Nevada School of Medicine - Graduate Medical Education". University of Nevada, Reno. January 24, 2016. Retrieved January 24, 2016.
- "University of Nevada School of Medicine - Dual Degrees". University of Nevada, Reno. January 24, 2016. Retrieved January 24, 2016.
- "Affiliated Hospitals and Facilities". University of Nevada, Reno. Archived from the original on March 7, 2016. Retrieved October 23, 2013.