University of Pitești
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Universitatea din Pitești
|Rector||Prof. Dr. Eng. Dumitru Chutney|
The first higher education institution in Piteşti was founded in 1962 and was called "The 3-year Pedagogical Institute" with pedagogical specializations in Mathematics, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Philology and Physical Education and Sports. The opening of the technical specializations followed, leading to the establishment of the Institute of Sub Engineers (1969), united in 1974 under the name of the Institute of Higher Education. Subsequently, there were various other forms of organization, in a period under the subordination of the Bucharest Polytechnic Institute, reaching 1991, when, after three decades of accumulations in this intellectual segment, it became autonomous and received the name "University of Pitești". Starting from the beginning, the University of Pitești has polarized the interest of many young people in the region for the programs of study, quality of the education provided by the academic staff, but also for the students from all over the world, since Pitești is renowned for the largest Romanian Language Training Center for Foreign Students.
University of Pitești is organized into six faculties, comprising 16 departments:
- FȘEFI - Facultatea de Științe, Educație Fizică și Informatică (Faculty of Sciences, Physical Education and Informatics)
- FMT - Facultatea de Mecanică și Tehnologie (Faculty of Mechanics and Technology)
- FECC - Facultatea de Electronică, Comunicații și Calculatoare (Faculty of Electronics, Communications and Computers)
- FȘEȘSP - Facultatea de Științe ale Educației, Științe Sociale și Psihologie (Faculty of Education, Social Sciences and Psychology)
- FȘED - Facultatea de Științe Economice și Drept (Faculty of Economics and Law)
- FTLIA - Facultatea de Teologie, Litere, Istorie și Arte (Faculty of Theology, Philology, History and Arts).
|This Romanian university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|