|Katie Mehnert (CEO) |
Linda Smith (Director of First Impressions)
Lakesia Campbell (Director of Technology)
Kelsey Ardoin ( Community Builder )
Kat Boogaard ( Content Guru )
|Services||social media community|
- Katie Mehnert
- Linda Smith
- Lakesia Campbell * Kelsey Ardoin * Kat Boogaard == Awards and recognition== == See also == == References ==
== External links ==
Category:Social networks for social change Category:2015 establishments in Texas Category:American companies established in 2015 Category:Companies based in Houston Pink Petro is a company, a social media and a learning community created for women professionals in the Petrochemical industry and headquartered in Houston, Texas. Katie Mehnert, an oil and gas industry entrepreneur, founded the company in March 2015, with the support of Shell, Halliburton and KPMG. Its main objective is to bring gender diversity, share knowledge and foster connections among peers, experts and executives in the energy industry around the world. == History == The Pink Petro story started in 2013, aboard a Boeing 777 from London to Houston when Mehnert laid down her ideas on three cocktail napkins. With encouragements from Cindy Patman, a friend at Halliburton, she launched an online platform based on cloud enterprise social technology from Jive Software. Then, the CEO of Jive, Elisa Steele also helped create a partnership at Silicon Valley. During the Offshore Technology Conference, Mayor Annise Parker proclaimed Pink Petro Day on May 2, 2015 to celebrate with over 300 executives and professionals. Pink Petro marked its first year with The HerWorld Energy Forum, hosted at Halliburton headquarters in Houston and live-streamed around the globe. == Activities == Pink Petro has four core areas centered on development including mentorship (mentHER), professional networking (networkHER), leadership (leadHERship), and sponsorship (sponsHER). It advocates the creation of a new culture that better integrates women in the energy industry in the oil and gas industry. Pink Petro is reaching out in the USA, UK, Europe, Middle East, and Asia and bringing women together for mentoring, education, networking and learning opportunities. On April 27, 2016, Panola College in Carthage, Texas hosted its third Women in Energy event with Katie Mehnert as its keynote speaker. Its purpose it to help female high school students meet with women who work for energy firms and educate them about opportunities for females in this industry. === Pink Petro TV === PinkPetroTV is a television channel produced by Pink Petro in cooperation with the TV Worldwide Internet TV network. Its content is an interactive series featuring issues, resources, content, conversations and ideas and practices of interest to women in the energy industry. The series is produced and anchored live from studios near Washington D.C. === HERWorld conference===
In May 2015, Pink Petro organized the HERWorld Energy Forum, a daylong conference streamed across the globe with local events being coordinated by internal women’s networks at Halliburton, Shell and GE. The conference addressed new frontiers in the energy industry where innovation and policy meet with entrepreneurship and workforce. Several speakers from the industry reflect on oil price, diversity, technology, policy, and the gender gap. TV Worldwide, broadcast it on the recently launched PinkPetro. It was broadcast live over the Internet and made accessible in 15 locations around the world.
- "This industry has even fewer women than tech". Fortune (magazine). August 4, 2015.
- Empty citation (help)
- "Energy boards lacking diversity trigger climate worry". Bloomberg. June 9, 2016.
- Sewing, Joy (May 06, 2015). "Mayor Annise Parker joins the launch of Pink Petro". Check date values in:
- "Pink Petro Launches HERWorld, a Global Energy Forum". Rigzone. February 10, 2016.
- Johnson, Mary (March 1, 2016). "Woman to watch: Pink Petro founder hosts global forum for women in energy". Biz Women – The Business Journal.
- Schimke, Caroline (March 16, 2016). "Diversity in energy industry workforce leads to higher productivity, profit". Eaglefordtexas.com.
- Staff report (April 5, 2015). "Energy Pipeline: News Briefs". Greely Tribune.
- "Didn't you know? Men, women are different". Midland Reporter-Telegram. May 12, 2015.
- Aringoli, Frederico (July 4, 2015). "Una red social para cerrar la brecha en el petróleo". Río Negro (newspaper).
- Smith, Chuck (April 22, 2016). "Panola College in Carthage hosts event to funnel more women into energy jobs". Red River Radio.