Divine Comedy illustrated by Botticelli DYK
Hi Kpalion. Thank you for your review of the DYK. I have addressed your concerns with the lead, uploaded an adjusted image, and added a description of Lucifer's picture in the main body of the article to address your concerns. I have replied in detail at Template:Did you know nominations/Divine Comedy illustrated by Botticelli. Best regards. Dr. K. 18:37, 27 January 2017 (UTC)
- I have also added individual page numbers as well to every reference. Dr. K. 17:25, 28 January 2017 (UTC)
DYK for Stanisław Czerniecki
ALT 1 for the Botticelli DYK
Hi Kpalion. I changed the hook for the DYK and proposed ALT 1 with a new picture in the hope that the new picture will get approved. Could you possibly check ALT1 at the nomination subpage? By the way I have added the new picture and its associated fact at the article here. Thank you. Dr. K. 20:41, 4 February 2017 (UTC)
Requested move you might be interested in
There is a requested move discussion on Talk:Free City of Kraków that I thought you might be interested in.
There's an anon IP who is continually changing the origin of borscht from "Ukraine" to "Eastern Europe". If I revert him/her one more time, I'll be in violation of WP:3RR. I have already placed a warning on the IP's Talk Page and requested semi-protection for the page. --Taivo (talk) 21:07, 5 May 2017 (UTC)
- Hi Taivo, I also reverted them once. Thanks for warning the user and requesting the semi-protection. Let's hope this won't be necessary again after the semi-protection expires. — Kpalion(talk) 20:31, 6 May 2017 (UTC)
- Hi Piotrus, thanks for you help. A DYK nomination may be a great idea, but for now the proportion of material that is copied or closely paraphrased from a free-use source is such that the article may not meet the minimum requirement for original content. I'll see what I can add today and tomorrow; if you have anything to add, please go ahead as well. — Kpalion(talk) 10:12, 1 June 2017 (UTC)
DYK for Mead in Poland
- Sure does, but it's a bigger topic and needs more research than mead. 😀 — Kpalion(talk) 15:13, 2 July 2017 (UTC)
Canapés as sandwiches
DYK for Compendium ferculorum, albo Zebranie potraw
How was it?
. Saw your photo and never commented on it. I still haven't managed to get my hands on anybody's interpretation of the style. How was it? Worth seeking out or making some? Neil916 (Talk) 17:50, 21 July 2017 (UTC)
- Hi Neil916. I've tried this interpretation on three occasions so far. It's very light and refreshing, good for a hot day if well chilled. Slightly tart, probably because of the high carbonation. The smokiness is not very pronounced; there's certainly no hint of smoked sausage aroma, unlike in A'la Grodziskie from Browar Pinta (another recreation of the style that I've tried, now discontinued). Two times out of three I had a problem pouring the beer. The carbonation was just too high. You can even see in the picture that the head overflowed from the glass (and it's the one time when pouring was not a complete failure). Among the beers brewed in Grodzisk Wielkopolski today, I prefer the darker and maltier Bernardyńskie. — Kpalion(talk) 13:48, 10 August 2017 (UTC)
An editor has asked for a Move review of Grand Duchy of Kraków. Because you participated in the requested move, you might want to participate in the move review. Academicoffee71 (talk) 05:08, 5 October 2017 (UTC)
Your GA nomination of Compendium ferculorum, albo Zebranie potraw
Hi there, I'm pleased to inform you that I've begun reviewing the article Compendium ferculorum, albo Zebranie potraw you nominated for GA-status according to the criteria. This process may take up to 7 days. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you might have during this period. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Chiswick Chap -- Chiswick Chap (talk) 10:02, 30 October 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks, Chiswick Chap. I'll try to respond in both GA noms over the weekend. — Kpalion(talk) 16:08, 3 November 2017 (UTC)
Your GA nomination of Compendium ferculorum, albo Zebranie potraw
The article Compendium ferculorum, albo Zebranie potraw you nominated as a good article has passed ; see Talk:Compendium ferculorum, albo Zebranie potraw for comments about the article. Well done! If the article has not already been on the main page as an "In the news" or "Did you know" item, you can nominate it to appear in Did you know. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Chiswick Chap -- Chiswick Chap (talk) 07:41, 5 November 2017 (UTC)
|Congratulations on a fine article in Compendium ferculorum. Chiswick Chap (talk) 08:43, 5 November 2017 (UTC)|
Odd color variation
I saw your image uploads at pierogi, but found it weird that the raw dough being cut was bright orange/yellow while the pyrohy being made had white dough as their crust. I don't think it's of any huge importance, but we make the pyrohy at the same time as we make the crust, mashed bondurki or saurkraut in white pasta (~one egg per cup flour, .25 cup water), which stays the same color throughout the entire process from mixing/kneeding until cooking. Do you think the differing colors in the article match your intentions?
Of course, my grandmoher used to get offended when Poles asked where she had put the pepper (De poper dela/De poperdela?), so this may be a red herring, if not a czerwony śledź. μηδείς (talk) 02:07, 12 November 2017 (UTC)
- Hi Medeis, you're probably right that some of these pictures are oversaturated. I'll see if I can fix them. — Kpalion(talk) 10:25, 12 November 2017 (UTC)
ArbCom 2017 election voter message
ITN/C North American Blizzard
I wanted to say thanks for your comments at ITN/C, not because I agree the item should be posted, but for a refreshingly positive !vote in a section which is often combative and dour. Hope you're keeping warm wherever you are this winter!
A barnstar for you!
|The Template Barnstar|
|For fulfilling my template edit request here. – Illegitimate Barrister (talk • contribs), 16:18, 7 February 2018 (UTC)|
Your draft article, Draft:Template:Sandwich
In accordance with our policy that Wikipedia is not for the indefinite hosting of material deemed unsuitable for the encyclopedia mainspace, the draft has been nominated for deletion. If you plan on working on it further, or editing it to address the issues raised if it was declined, simply and remove the
If your submission has already been deleted by the time you get there, and you wish to retrieve it, you can request its undeletion by following the instructions at this link. An administrator will, in most cases, restore the submission so you can continue to work on it.
Welcome to the Portals WikiProject
Nice to meet you. Thank you for joining.
There's a lot going on...
Our most urgent task right now is to get the core of this navigation system, the list of viewable portals at Portal:Contents/Portals, up to date! There are about 400 existing portals not listed there. They are listed on its talk page, with instructions. The viewable ones need to be added to the main list. We need everyone's attention on this. If everyone processed 10 titles from the missing list, the chore would be done. Please chip in.
There's a flurry of activity on portals. If you'd like to watch what is going on, use Related changes on the sidebar menu on the list at Wikipedia:WikiProject Portals#Watchlist.
Speaking of watchlists, if you use yours often, please watchlist the WikiProject page. The more eyes on it, the better.
And of course, many portals need work. But which ones should we work on first? Well, the main example given at the RfC of the problems of portals was Portal:Cricket. Therefore, it's the top priority portal to update. Please lend a hand.
Well, that's all for now. — The Transhumanist 16:48, 24 April 2018 (UTC)
ArbCom 2018 election voter message
Would you like to receive a link, like this, instead? — The Transhumanist 17:33, 29 January 2019 (UTC)
Links, it is!
You weren't feeling buried, were you?
I've updated your listing on the WikiProject. — The Transhumanist 01:01, 17 February 2019 (UTC)
Nomination for merging of Template:Ring and knot-shaped breads
Template:Ring and knot-shaped breads has been nominated for merging with Template:Bread. You are invited to comment on the discussion at the template's entry on the Templates for discussion page. Thank you. Doug Mehus T·C 01:02, 18 November 2019 (UTC)
ArbCom 2019 election voter message
"Of Galilee Cana" listed at Redirects for discussion
An editor has asked for a discussion to address the redirect Of Galilee Cana. Since you had some involvement with the Of Galilee Cana redirect, you might want to participate in the redirect discussion if you wish to do so. -- Tavix (talk) 20:28, 15 December 2019 (UTC)
Hello, the discussion moved to Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Bogdan Gasiński. Now it's not about WP:HOAX anymore. It is about notability and some other things. Added lots of sources, made some arguments about notability. Would you care to share your opinion? Periwinklewrinkles (talk) 00:37, 25 June 2020 (UTC)