|This is a Wikipedia user talk page.
This is not an encyclopedia article or the talk page for an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this talk page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original talk page is located at
|User rights modified||29|
- Hi, my name is Antonín Vejvančický. I'm Moravian. My English is not perfect. I apologize for my mistakes.
- My contributions
- All public logs
- Special:NewPages (backlog)
- Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Log/Today
- Category:Administrative backlog
- Category:BLP articles proposed for deletion
- Category:All articles proposed for deletion
- Wikipedia:Deletion review
- Wikipedia:Template messages/User talk namespace
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Czech Republic/New article announcements
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Czech_Republic#Article alerts
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Czech Republic#Articles needing cleanup
- User:Vejvančický/Missing articles
- HighBeam Research
- Credo Reference
Please leave me new messages at the bottom of the page; click here to start a new section at the bottom.
ArbCom 2017 election voter message
Can I retrieve my page?
You deleted my page and I wondered if I could get the contents back to edit it up
- Jackson.horton: most of the content is at your user page. Please don't insert nonsense to Wikipedia mainspace. Thanks for your understanding. --Vejvančický (talk / contribs) 11:48, 9 December 2017 (UTC)
News and updates for administrators from the past month (December 2017).
- The 2017 Community Wishlist Survey results have been posted. The Community Tech team will investigate and address the top ten results.
- The Anti-Harassment Tools team is inviting comments on new blocking tools and improvements to existing blocking tools for development in early 2018. Feedback can be left on the discussion page or by email.
- Following the results of the 2017 election, the following editors have been (re)appointed to the Arbitration Committee: , , , , , , , .
News and updates for administrators from the past month (January 2018).
- An RfC has closed with a consensus that candidates at WP:RFA must disclose whether they have ever edited for pay and that administrators may never use administrative tools as part of any paid editing activity, except when they are acting as a Wikipedian-in-Residence or when the payment is made by the Wikimedia Foundation or an affiliate of the WMF.
- Editors responding to threats of harm can now contact the Wikimedia Foundation's emergency address by using Special:EmailUser/Emergency. If you don't have email enabled on Wikipedia, directly contacting the emergency address using your own email client remains an option.
- The Arbitration Committee has enacted a change to the discretionary sanctions procedure which requires administrators to add a standardized editnotice when placing page restrictions. Editors cannot be sanctioned for violations of page restrictions if this editnotice was not in place at the time of the violation.
Hi - I hope you don't mind if I ask your assistance as I noticed you were a native Czech speaker. I have a very limited knowledge of Czech and was, therefore, hoping you might confirm the accuracy of a direct quote I added to Jaroslav Eminger. I translated part of this source  into the article as "loyal Bohemian and a brave man". Is that translation correct / accurate? Thanks, in advance. Chetsford (talk) 06:14, 19 February 2018 (UTC)
- Hi Chetsford, yes "loyal Bohemian and a brave man" is correct. The article on Czech Radio says that his "secluded retirement" (and rest of his life spend in "existential problems") was caused mainly due to the attitude of the Czechoslovak Army after the Victorious February. New communist rulers did not rehabilitate the Protectorate Army or its commanders. --Vejvančický (talk / contribs) 10:24, 19 February 2018 (UTC)
News and updates for administrators from the past month (February 2018).
- AngelOfSadness • Bhadani • Chris 73 • Coren • Friday • Midom • Mike V
- Lourdes has requested that her admin rights be temporarily removed, pending her return from travel.
- The autoconfirmed article creation trial (ACTRIAL) is scheduled to end on 14 March 2018. The results of the research collected can be read on Meta Wiki.
- Community ban discussions must now stay open for at least 24 hours prior to being closed.
- A change to the administrator inactivity policy has been proposed. Under the proposal, if an administrator has not used their admin tools for a period of five years and is subsequently desysopped for inactivity, the administrator would have to file a new RfA in order to regain the tools.
- A change to the banning policy has been proposed which would specify conditions under which a repeat sockmaster may be considered de facto banned, reducing the need to start a community ban discussion for these users.
- CheckUsers are now able to view private data such as IP addresses from the edit filter log, e.g. when the filter prevents a user from creating an account. Previously, this information was unavailable to CheckUsers because access to it could not be logged.
- The edit filter has a new feature
contains_allthat edit filter managers may use to check if one or more strings are all contained in another given string.
- Following the 2018 Steward elections, the following users are our new stewards: , , , , .
- Bhadani (Gangadhar Bhadani) passed away on 8 February 2018. Bhadani joined Wikipedia in March 2005 and became an administrator in September 2005. While he was active, Bhadani was regarded as one of the most prolific Wikipedians from India.
Precious four years!
- Thank you for your kind notice, Gerda. A while ago I've noticed it's ten years since I joined WP with a regular account ... it's a big part of my life. Anyway, I'm less active today, as I became father and I'm trying to spend as much time as I can with my family. I also spend more time outside of our house, planting vineyards and trees, making wines and learning more about the nature generally, which is another love of my life, I guess. ...But I still love inspirative and never-ending work here :) Take care Gerda. --Vejvančický (talk / contribs) 11:11, 12 March 2018 (UTC)
A move request regarding Deadline.com / Deadline Hollywood, an article you have edited, is taking place at Talk:Deadline Hollywood#Requested move 11 March 2018. It is scheduled to end in seven days. --Tenebrae (talk) 19:04, 11 March 2018 (UTC)