This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (December 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Interactive online video service|
Viddler is an online sales training platform with integrated tools for practice and evaluation. The Viddler service offers video-based instruction and optional coaching and allows customers to engage with course content through guided assignments and self-recorded practice sessions.
Viddler no longer provides a free service for non-commercial users. In 2010, Viddler began focusing less on video enthusiasts and self-generated content hosting, and more on business verticals, including corporate communication and training, education, and publishing. Following a 2011 decision to discontinue new personal accounts, Viddler recently announced it was going to close those legacy accounts, giving users the option of opening a paid account or downloading their existing videos.
In January 2017, Viddler initiated a soft launch of its sales training product with Michael St. Lawrence.
Viddler provides solutions[buzzword] for sales training. The company uses its media player to display video and other media elements and to provide user interaction, including the ability to post timed comments directly in a video. Customers can use a webcam to record a video practice session related to course content.
Video practice sessions are evaluated by the customer, the customer's employer, or a sales industry expert. Customers have the option to browse and self-select training courses or to be matched with training courses.
Practice videos can be published on secure business or education websites using an admin-controlled embedding feature.
Supported input file formats include .3g2 .3gp .asf .avi .dv .flv .mov .mp4 .mpeg2 .mpeg4 .mpg .mpg2 .ogg .qt .wmv
- Pena, Susan (2013). "Founders: Donna DeMarco". Keystone Edge. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- "Viddler's New Tag-Based Advertising System". 2007-11-19. Retrieved 2009-11-12.
- "CrunchBase Profile". 2013-12-12. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- Verdelli, Jason. "Interview: How Viddler Went from You Tube Competitor to Enterprise Video Hosting Authority". Social HubSite. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- Roettgers, Janko (2014-02-07). "Viddler gets ready to delete personal videos". Gigaom. Retrieved 7 February 2014.
- "Viddler gets ready to delete personal videos". CNN Money.
- "US Patent Issued to Viddler on March 5 for "Methods and Systems for Displaying Videos with Overlays and Tags" (Pennsylvania Inventors)". HighBeam Research. 11 March 2013. Archived from the original on 11 June 2014. Retrieved 15 January 2014.
- "United States Patent Abstract". Retrieved 15 January 2014.