Viktor Schauberger (30 June 1885 in Holzschlag, Upper Austria – 25 September 1958 in Linz, Austria) was an Austrian forest caretaker, naturalist, pseudoscientist, philosopher, inventor and biomimicry experimenter.
Schauberger developed his own ideas based on what he observed in nature. In Implosion magazine, a magazine released by Schauberger's family, he said that aeronautical and marine engineers had incorrectly designed the propeller. He stated:
As best demonstrated by Nature in the case of the aerofoil maple-seed, today’s propeller is a pressure-screw and therefore a braking screw, whose purpose is to allow the heavy maple-seed to fall parachute-like slowly towards the ground and to be carried away sideways by the wind in the process. No bird has such a whirling thing on its head, nor a fish on its tail. Only man made use of this natural brake-screw for forward propulsion. As the propeller rotates, so does the resistance rise by the square of the rotational velocity. This is also a sign that this supposed propulsive device is unnaturally constructed and therefore out of place.
In 1930, "Tragendes Wasser" was filmed, showing the functioning of the log flumes.
Sacred Living Geometry: The Enlightened Environmental Theories of Viktor Schauberger, narrated by Callum Coats (1995, Talkstudio)
Extraordinary Nature of Water, narrated by Callum Coats (2000, Filmstream)
Schauberger, Viktor: Unsere sinnlose Arbeit - Die Quelle der Weltkrise, Der Aufbau durch Atomverwandlung, nicht Atomzertrümmerung (1933, Krystall-Verlag GmbH, 2001, Jörg Schauberger, ISBN 978-3902262004) (Released in English as "Our Senseless Toil - The Cause of the World Crisis - Progress Through Transformation of the Atom - Not its destruction!")
Viktor Schauberger (2006). Das Wesen des Wassers : Originaltexte, herausgegeben und kommentiert von Jörg Schauberger (in German). Baden, München: AT Verl. ISBN 9783038002727. OCLC 315001786. Archived from the original on August 17, 2019 – via index.
- Coats, Callum (April–May 1996). "Who was Viktor Schauberger?". No. 11. Nexus. Retrieved 18 September 2015. Cite magazine requires
- Ronald Engert: Die Forellenturbine als Prinzip der kostenlosen Energiegewinnung. Freie Energie durch Implosion.
- Viktor Schauberger, Implosion Magazine, No. 112, p. 52
- Referenced by Hans Peter Hahn; Karlheinz Cless (2012). People at the Well: Kinds, Usages and Meanings of Water in a Global Perspective. Campus Verlag. p. 22. ISBN 9783593396101. Archived from the original on August 17, 2019.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Viktor Schauberger|
- The Schauberger Family Trust (PKS) maintains an archive with many of Viktor Schauberger's original manuscripts and a small museum with models and prototypes by Viktor Schauberger
- Institute of Ecological Technology has a research programme on Viktor Schauberger's ideas and inventions
- Our Senseless Toil - an excerpt of Schauberger's own writing
- "Die Natur Kapieren und Kopieren" ( Comprehend and Copy Nature, dubbed in English ) Viktor Schauberger documentary film (2008) on Science | Documentaries by wocomoDOCS YouTube channel
- Viktor Schauberger – Die Natur kapieren und kopieren (German language DVD), Gestaltung: Franz Fitzke, 75 min., Schauberger Verlag, 2008, ISBN 978-3-902262-01-1.
- "Nature Was My Teacher" The Vision Of Viktor Schauberger a documentary by Tom Brown (1991) ISBN 0-945685-94-7; on sound recordist David Brown's YouTube channel