Virginia V. Lyons
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
She was first elected to the Vermont State Senate in 2000 and continues in that office.
Lyons was born in Auburn, New York on September 24, 1944. She received an A.B. degree in zoology from Drew University in 1966, an M.S. in nutritional biochemistry from Rutgers University in 1968, and a doctorate of policy and administration from the University of Vermont. She is married to Richard Lyons, MD and has two daughters. Lyons moved to Williston, Vermont in 1974 and continues to reside there. She is a part-time professor for the Vermont State Colleges.
She has served as:
- Chair of the Williston select board.
- Justice of the Peace for Williston.
- Williston Fence Viewer.
- Chittenden County Regional Planning Commission, alternate member.
- Chittenden County Regional Planning Commission, plan update committee.
- Chittenden County Regional Planning Commission, legislative and economic development committee.
- State Senator, elected in 2000 and reelected in 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, and 2016.