|Edited by||Eleftherios Mylonakis|
Taylor & Francis (United States)
|Frequency||8 issues per year|
Virulence is a peer reviewed medical journal that covers microbiology and immunology specifically, microorganism pathogenicity, the infection process and host–pathogen interactions. It is published 8 times per year by Taylor & Francis. It was previously published 6 times per year by Landes Bioscience. The journal was established in 2010 by Eva M. Riedmann, and Eleftherios Mylonakis. The editor-in-chief is Eleftherios Mylonakis.
Indexing and abstracting
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2013 impact factor of 3.319, ranking it 59th out of 144 journals in the category "Immunology" and 33rd out of 119 journals in the category "Microbiology".
- Riedmann, EM; Mylonakis, E (2010). "Virulence: A new multi-disciplinary journal". Virulence. 1 (1): 1. doi:10.4161/viru.1.1.9235. PMC 3080195.
- "Virulence". Ulrichsweb. ProQuest. Retrieved 2014-12-18.
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 2014-12-13.
- "Serials cited". CAB Abstracts. CABI. Retrieved 2014-12-13.
- "Serials cited". Global Health. CABI. Retrieved 2014-12-23.
- "Virulence". NLM Catalog. National Center for Biotechnology Information. Retrieved 2014-12-13.
- "Serials cited". Tropical Diseases Bulletin. CABI. Retrieved 2014-12-13.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Immunology". 2013 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2014.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Microbiology". 2013 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2014.