Vista Tower (Chicago)
Vista Tower as seen under construction in April 2019
|Alternative names||Wanda Vista Tower, 375. E Wacker|
|Status||Architecturally Topped Out|
|Type||residential / hotel|
|Location||363 East Wacker Drive, Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|Management||Magellan Development Group |
|Height||1,191 ft (363 m)|
|Floor area||1,414,000 sq ft (131,400 m2)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Studio Gang Architects|
|Main contractor||McHugh Construction|
Vista Tower (formerly known as 375 E. Wacker) is a 101-story, 1,191 ft (363 m) supertall skyscraper being built in Chicago, Illinois. The Chicago Plan Commission approved the building on November 19, 2015, in a meeting that also approved the One Grant Park development.
Construction started in August 2016 with expected completion in 2020. Upon completion, it will become the city's third-tallest building at 1,191 ft (363 m) . Designed by a team led by architect Jeanne Gang, Vista will supplant the nearby Aqua skyscraper (also designed by a team led by Jeanne Gang) as the tallest structure in the world designed by a woman. This will make Chicago home to the two tallest structures designed by a woman. Vista Tower is a joint project of Magellan Development Group and Wanda Group. The original estimated cost of construction was $900 million.
The building's chief architect is Jeanne Gang, head of Studio Gang Architects. bKL Architecture of Chicago is the project's architect of record. The building will be composed of three connected towers. The east, middle, and west towers will be 47, 71, and 93 stories tall, respectively.
Condominium interiors will be designed by hospitality design firm Hirsch Bedner Associates. The hotel interior will be designed by San Francisco firm Gensler. Philadelphia-based OLIN will design the project's green spaces, including the rooftop gardens.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vista Tower (Chicago).|
- Ori, Ryan; Brinson, Jemal R. (June 13, 2018). "Don't look now, but at 50 stories, the Vista Tower is halfway done". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 3 July 2018.
- "Vista". Magellan Development Group. Retrieved July 1, 2018.
- "Vista Tower". The Skyscraper Center. Retrieved July 2, 2018.
- Gallun, Alby (June 16, 2017). "Vista Tower developers score $700 million construction loan". Crain's Chicago Business.
- Gerasole, Vince (July 24, 2017). "Chicago's Vista Tower To Have 'Blow-Through' Floor". WBBM-TV News.
- Koziarz, Jay (July 17, 2017). "Chicago's supertall Vista Tower to get empty 'blow through' floor, minor height bump". Curbed Chicago.
- Kamin, Blair (November 19, 2015). "Chicago Plan Commission approves tower that would be city's 3rd tallest". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2015-11-20.
- LaTrace, A.J. (5 October 2015). "The New Class of Skyscrapers That Will Forever Change the Chicago Skyline". Curbed Chicago. Retrieved 11 October 2015.
- "Vista Tower - The Skyscraper Center". www.skyscrapercenter.com. Retrieved 2019-06-19.
- "Wanda Vista Tower: Can Jeanne Gang Avoid a Sophomore Slump in the Second City?". Architizer. 23 December 2014. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
- Kamin, Blair (April 14, 2015). "Proposed skyscraper could be third-tallest -- or fifth-tallest -- in Chicago". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- LaTrace, A.J. (April 14, 2015). "What the Studio Gang-Designed Wanda Vista Supertall Means for Chicago". Curbed Chicago. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- Wanda Vista Tower - Official Website