|Full name||Volda Turn- og Idrottslag|
|Founded||1899 (football 1916)|
|2019||4. divisjon (Sunnmøre), 1st of 12|
The club was founded as Voldens TF in 1899 as a gymnastics club. Other sports were added later; football in 1916. The name was changed to Volda TI in 1945. In 1998, the club was organized as an alliance sports team, which had two overarching legal entities: Football and general sports (Allidrett). It currently has sections for association football, alpine skiing, Nordic skiing, swimming, frisbee-golf and children's athletics. The handball branch of the club in 2007 split from the Alliance and formedthe Volda Handballclub.
The men's football team currently plays in the 3. divisjon, the fourth tier of the Norwegian football league system. The club had a longer stint in the 2. divisjon before being relegated after the 1999 season. In 2003 they won their 3. divisjon group, and in the two-leg playoff they beat Træff on penalties after 3–3 on aggregate It played in the 2004 2. divisjon before being relegated again. After the 2005 season it contested another playoff to win re-promotion, but failed.
- "Tabell 3. divisjon, avdeling 9 2011". nifs.no (in Norwegian). A-pressen. Retrieved 31 May 2012.
- "Kort oversyn over Volda TI Fotballs historie" (in Norwegian). Volda TI Fotball. Retrieved 9 July 2010.
- "Om VTI Fotball" (in Norwegian). Volda TI Fotball. Retrieved 9 July 2010.
- "Volda Handballklubb" (in Norwegian). Norwegian Handball Federation. Retrieved 9 July 2010.
- Johansen, Tore (ed.). Sportsboken 1999. Oslo: Schibsted. p. 250. ISBN 82-516-1756-1.
- Haavik, Yngve (13 October 2003). "Volda klar for 2. divisjon". Adresseavisen (in Norwegian). Retrieved 7 July 2010.
- Official site (in Norwegian)
|This article about a Norwegian football club is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|