|Counties of Arua District||Vurra County|
|Elevation||1,333 m (4,373 ft)|
Vurra is a town in Uganda.
The town is in the northwestern corner of Uganda, close to the international border with the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). Vurra is in Arua District of the West Nile sub-region. It is approximately 33 kilometres (21 mi), by road, south-west of Arua, the location of the district headquarters and the largest city in the sub-region. Vurra is approximately 480 kilometres (298 mi), by road, north-west of Kampala, the capital and largest city of Uganda. The coordinates of Vurra are 2°53'11.0"N, 30°52'46.0"E (Latitude:2.886389; Longitude:30.879444).
Vurra is a small border town, sitting directly on the border with the DRC across from the town of Aru in the DRC. It is the southernmost point along the Vurra-Arua-Koboko-Oraba Road. Vurra is the birthplace of the Ugandan international long-distance champion athlete Dorcus Inzikuru.
Points of interest
- offices of Vurra Town Council
- headquarters of Vurra County
- Vurra central market
- Dorcus Inzikuru, athlete
Dradiku Nyakuni samuel, canon and founder of Christ church ambala
- "Approximate Road Distance Between Vurra And Arua With Route Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 30 June 2015.
- "Map Showing Kampala And Vurra With Route Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 30 June 2015.
- Google (30 June 2015). "Location of Vurra At Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 30 June 2015.
- Okello, Felix Warom (29 April 2016). "Vurra boundary demarcation starts". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 29 April 2016.
- Kakaire, Sulaiman (25 February 2015). "Is The Huge Road Sector Budget Allocation Doing Wonders?". The Observer (Uganda). Retrieved 1 July 2015.
- UPAC (2010). "Summary of Inzikuru's Achievements" (PDF). Uganda Presidential Awards Committee (UPAC). Retrieved 1 July 2015.