|Broadcast area||Peoria, Illinois|
|Slogan||"Faith, Hope, Family"|
|First air date||November 1983|
|Format||Contemporary Christian music|
|HAAT||154 meters (505 ft)|
|Owner||University of Northwestern - Saint Paul|
|Sister stations||WBGL, WCFL, WIBI|
WCIC is a contemporary Christian music station in Peoria, Illinois. It is licensed to the nearby suburb of Pekin and owned by the University of Northwestern - Saint Paul. Studios are located in northwest Peoria.
In addition to the main station at 91.5, WCIC simulcasts on full-power satellites WPRC 88.7 in Sheffield, Illinois (serving Sterling and Rock Falls), WSCT 90.5 in Springfield, Illinois and relays via an additional five translators. Between them, WCIC's network stretches across most of west-central Illinois.
|City of license||ERP
|WPRC||88.7||Sheffield, Illinois||8,500||127 m (417 ft)||B1||FCC|
|WSCT||90.5||Springfield, Illinois||3,800||125 m (410 ft)||A||FCC|
|W212AN||90.3||Jacksonville, Illinois||55||76 m (249 ft)||D||FCC|
|W255AI||98.9||Bloomington, Illinois||55||54 m (177 ft)||D||FCC|
|K247BW||97.3>107.9(CP)||Bettendorf, Iowa||40||95 m (312 ft)||D||FCC|
|W263AO||100.5||Galesburg, Illinois||19||99.2 m (325 ft)||D||FCC|
|W219DV||91.7||Jacksonville, Illinois||38||46 m (151 ft)||D||FCC|
- 91.5 WCIC Pekin, Peoria, Havana, Canton, Washington, Bartonville, Lewistown, Morton, Dunlap, and Surrounding Areas.
- 90.5 WSCT Springfield, Lincoln, Petersburg, Taylorville, Rochester, Chatham, Athens, Auburn, Sherman, Pawnee, Oakford, Kinkaid, Mt. Pulaski and Surrounding Areas.
- 88.7 WPRC Sheffield, Sterling, Rock Falls, and Surrounding Areas.
- 90.3 W212AN & 91.7 W219DV Jacksonville, Waverly, Alexander, Browning, Mt.Steling, and Surrounding Areas.
- 98.9 W255AI Bloomington-Normal, LeRoy, Shirley, Heyworth, Towanda, Lexington, and Surrounding Areas.
- 100.5 W263AO Galesburg, Roseville, Knoxville, Williamsfield, East Galesburg, and Surrounding Areas.
- 97.3 K247BW Bettendorf, Davenport, Moline, East Moline, Rock Island, and Surrounding Areas.
New Life Media Network
WCIC and Champaign-based sister station WBGL are part of the New Life Media Network. Between them, the two stations and their satellites and repeaters cover almost two-thirds of Illinois, as well as portions of Missouri, Iowa, and Indiana.
On August 6, 2019 the Illinois Bible Institute reached an agreement to sell the entire WBGL/WCIC New Life Media Network to the University of Northwestern – St. Paul, which owns and operates a network of contemporary Christian stations and a network of Christian talk and teaching stations, for $9,901,558.34.
On air/program guide
- "Northwestern Media Acquires WBGL/WCIC In Illinois", Radio Insight. August 6, 2019. Retrieved August 26, 2019.
- "U. of Northwestern Buys 13 Stations From Illinois Bible Institute", HisAir.net. August 5, 2019. Retrieved August 26, 2019.
- "Northwestern Media Moves to Buy New Life Media", All Access Music Group. August 5, 2019. Retrieved August 26, 2019.
- "U. of Northwestern Buys 13 Stations From Illinois Bible Institute", Inside Radio. August 6, 2019. Retrieved August 26, 2019.
- WCIC - official website
- New Life Media network - sister station info
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WCIC
- Radio-Locator information on WCIC
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WCIC
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WPRC
- Radio-Locator information on WPRC
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WPRC
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WSCT
- Radio-Locator information on WSCT
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WSCT
|This article about a radio station in Illinois is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|