|Slogan||The Beat of BloNo|
|First air date||August 12, 2005(as WVMG)|
|HAAT||105 meters (344 ft)|
|Owner||Neuhoff Media |
(Neuhoff Media Bloomington, LLC)
|Sister stations||WBBE, WIHN|
WWHX is an FM radio station on 100.7 MHz at Normal, Illinois. It received its license on January 10, 2006, and began its current Rhythmic Top 40 format with the name Hot 100.7 on April 1, 2018. The station is a Neuhoff Media through licensee Neuhoff Media Bloomington, LLC.
100.7 signed on in August 2005 as WVMG with an adult contemporary format known as Magic 100.7. Magic signed on as a direct competitor to Star 107.7, but had a better signal within Bloomington/Normal. The station had modest success but was able to eventually drive competitor Star 107.7 out of the format in 2007. Throughout its years as an AC station it flipped to a Christmas format every November around Thanksgiving. The station hired Fasig, a known talent from WBNQ as a morning host. In March 2012, then-owner Connoisseur Media pulled the plug on Magic and flipped to a CHR format as Hits 100.7.
- "Application Search Results". Washington, DC: Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved 2017-04-01.
- Venta, Lance (2018-04-01). "WWHX Bloomington Flips To Rhythmic CHR Hot 100". RadioInsight. RadioBB Networks. Retrieved 2018-04-01.
- Neuhoff Media Bloomington, LLC. "FCC 323: Ownership Report for Commercial Broadcast Stations; File No. BOS-20160120ABB". Washington, DC: Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved 2017-04-01.
- Hot 100 — official site
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WWHX
- Radio-Locator information on WWHX
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WWHX
|This article about a radio station in Illinois is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|