Walt Disney Creative Entertainment
|Products||Theatrical/technical live entertainment productions|
|Owner||Walt Disney Imagineering|
(Disney Parks, Experiences and Products)
Walt Disney Creative Entertainment is the theatrical live entertainment production division of Walt Disney Imagineering, the design and development arm of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products, a segment and direct subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company.
Formerly founded as Walt Disney Entertainment as a wing of the Walt Disney Company, it produced all shows and parades for Disney worldwide, including everything from the Disney-created Super Bowl Half-time shows to theme parks. The division was altered on January 31, 2001, at the retirement of Executive Vice President, Ron Logan, who was the head of the division.
Disney Creative Entertainment
Disney Creative Entertainment was founded in 2000 with the arrival of Executive Vice President Anne Hamburger.
Some of the company's most notable works since being officially formed in 2000 include:
- The Lion King Parade
- Light Magic
- Believe... There's Magic in the Stars
- Snow White: An Enchanting Musical
- Remember... Dreams Come True
- Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams
- Disney's Celebrate America
- Mickey's Soundsational Parade
- The Magic, the Memories, and You
- Mickey and the Magical Map
- Paint the Night Parade
- Disneyland Forever
- Together Forever
- Disney California Adventure
- Magic Kingdom
- Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Disney's Animal Kingdom
- Tokyo Disneyland
- Tokyo DisneySea
- Legend of Mythica
- Disneyland Park (Paris)
- Walt Disney Studios Park
- Disney Junior: Live On Stage!
- Disney Village
- Hong Kong Disneyland
- Twice Charmed - Disney Magic
- Tangled The Musical - Disney Magic
- Toy Story the Musical - Disney Wonder
- The Golden Mickeys - Disney Magic, Disney Wonder and Disney Dream
- Disney's Believe - Disney Fantasy and Disney Dream
- Villains Tonight! - Disney Magic and Disney Dream
- Main Street Electrical Parade—New York Route at New York, New York (As part of the opening of Hercules)
- 2000 Super Bowl Half Time Show
- 2016 Honda Celebration of Light - Vancouver Fireworks
- "New Stage Musical Based on 'Frozen' Opens at Disney California Adventure". NBC Los Angeles. NBCUniversal Media, LLC. City News Service. May 27, 2016. Retrieved October 7, 2016.
- Created under Walt Disney Entertainment
- Shaw Brown, Genevieve (May 19, 2015). "Sneak Peek of Disneyland's New Fireworks Spectacular, 'Disneyland Forever'". ABC News online. Retrieved October 7, 2016.
- Paulson, Michael; Barnes, Brooke (6 June 2016). "Let It Go Go Go! Three Stage Versions of 'Frozen' Are on the Way". The New York Times. The New York Times Company. Retrieved 13 June 2016.