We'll Meet Again with Ann Curry
|We'll Meet Again|
with Ann Curry
|Created by||Justine Kershaw|
|Presented by||Ann Curry|
|Opening theme||"See You Again"|
by Charlie Puth
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||12 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||53 minutes|
|Original release||January 23, 2018 –|
We'll Meet Again with Ann Curry is an American documentary television series hosted by Ann Curry that premiered on January 23, 2018, on PBS. The series follows individuals who survived tragic events and are reunited with the long-lost people with whom they experienced that important moment.
The first season features people who experienced World War II, the 1980 eruption of Mount St. Helens, the Vietnam War, the September 11 terrorist attacks, the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s, and the early days of the LGBT Movement of the 1970s.
Each episode of We'll Meet Again introduces "two people who were affected by momentous events in American history. We follow them on a journey of detection as they look for a long-lost friend, family member or significant stranger. The series explores significant historic events that have shaped America and its citizens - not from the point of view of world leaders - but through the eyes of ordinary people who experienced them directly."
The series was conceived by British producer Justine Kershaw. She was inspired by her own reunion story which involves a Greek goat-herder who rescued her after a fall. After developing her initial concept, she set about finding a newsperson to serve as the presenter of the series. She describes deciding upon Curry by “literally, just Googling .... Every piece I saw just convinced me that this was the person.”
On July 26, 2017, it was announced that PBS had given the production a series order with first season consisting of six episodes. The series was set to be executive produced by Ann Curry, Justine Kershaw, and Andra Heritage and produced by Simon Harries. Production companies involved with the series were slated to consist of Blink Films and Ann Curry Inc. On October 29, 2018, it was reported that the series would return for a second season that was scheduled to premiere on November 13, 2018.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||6||January 23, 2018||February 27, 2018|
|2||6||November 13, 2018||January 8, 2019|
Season 1 (2018)
|Title||Original release date|
|1||1||"Children of WWII"||January 23, 2018|
|2||2||"Rescued from Mount St. Helens"||January 30, 2018|
|3||3||"Lost Children of Vietnam"||February 6, 2018|
|4||4||"Heroes of 9/11"||February 13, 2018|
|5||5||"Freedom Summer"||February 20, 2018|
|6||6||"Coming Out"||February 27, 2018|
Season 2 (2018–19)
|Title ||Original release date |
|7||1||"Saved in Vietnam"||November 13, 2018|
|8||2||"Surviving the Holocaust"||November 20, 2018|
|9||3||"Great Alaskan Earthquake"||December 18, 2018|
|10||4||"Korean War Brothers in Arms"||December 25, 2018|
|11||5||"Escape from Cuba"||January 1, 2019|
|12||6||"The Fight for Women's Rights"||January 8, 2019|
The series has received a positive reception since its premiere. Verne Gay of Newsday gave the show three out of four stars and commented that "Curry’s trademark style is on display here but it’s not on over-display. She wisely stands aside for the most part and lets her subjects tell their stories. She does what she does best, which is to draw those out."
- Kelly, Cara (January 23, 2018). "Ann Curry on her new show, TV news and #MeToo: 'We are way overdue to ending this'". USA Today. Retrieved January 24, 2018.
- Corriston, Michele; Coyne, Kate (January 20, 2018). "Why Ann Curry Was Ready to Return to TV: I Always Knew I Wasn't 'Done'". People. Retrieved January 24, 2018.
- Rothman, Lily (January 22, 2018). "Ann Curry: We're All Living Through a Moment That Will Make History". Time. Retrieved January 24, 2018.
- Saad, Nardine (January 20, 2018). "Ann Curry is back on PBS with historical series 'We'll Meet Again'". Richmond Times-Dispatch. Retrieved January 24, 2018.
- "PBS Premieres New Series WE'LL MEET AGAIN with Ann Curry, Today". Broadway World. January 23, 2018. Retrieved January 24, 2018.
- Hughes, Mike (January 22, 2018). "Ann Curry links reunion seekers in 'We'll Meet Again'". Lansing State Journal. Retrieved January 24, 2018.
- "About We'll Meet Again - PBS". PBS. Retrieved January 24, 2018.
- "PBS Announces WE'LL MEET AGAIN With Ann Curry, New Six-Part Series Premiering Winter 2018 | PBS About". PBS. July 26, 2017. Retrieved January 25, 2018.
- Malone, Michael (October 29, 2018). "'We'll Meet Again With Ann Curry' Back on PBS November 13". Broadcasting & Cable. Retrieved November 23, 2018.
- "Shows A-Z - we'll meet again on pbs | TheFutonCritic.com". The Futon Critic. December 11, 2018. Retrieved December 11, 2018.
- Gay, Verne (January 19, 2018). "'We'll Meet Again': Curry's perfect second act". Newsday. Retrieved January 24, 2018.