The tall ship Jeanie Johnston in Wellington Dock during 2007
|Location||Kirkdale, Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom|
|Owner||The Peel Group|
|Operator||Mersey Docks and Harbour Company|
|Joins||Sandon Half Tide Dock|
|Area||7 acres (2.8 ha), 4,120 sq yd (3,440 m2)|
|Width at entrance||70 ft (21 m)|
|Quay length||820 yd (750 m)|
Wellington Dock was a dock on the River Mersey, England, and part of the Port of Liverpool. It was situated in the northern dock system in Kirkdale, connected to the Sandon Half Tide Dock to the west.
The dock was designed by Jesse Hartley opening in 1851.
In January 2012, Liverpool City Council gave United Utilities permission to expand its sewage treatment plant from the adjacent site of the former Sandon Dock into the site of Wellington Dock. Architectural features would be retained where possible but the dock itself ceased to exist.
- Baines 1859, Part II, p. 84
- Baines 1859, Part II, p. 116
- Jones, Catherine (19 July 2008). "Thousands give warm Mersey welcome to the Tall Ships". Liverpool Echo. Retrieved 8 July 2009.
- "Wellington Dock waste plant £200 million extension approved". BBC. 11 January 2012. Retrieved 11 January 2012.
- McCarron, Ken; Jarvis, Adrian (1992). Give a Dock a Good Name?. Birkenhead: Merseyside Port Folios. pp. 106–107. ISBN 9780951612941. OCLC 27770301.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wellington Dock.|