Wenlock, Craven Arms and Lightmoor Extension Railway
Wenlock, Craven Arms
This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Wenlock, Craven Arms and Lightmoor Extension Railway was a railway in Shropshire, England. It was built as two portions either end of the Much Wenlock and Severn Junction Railway between 1864 and 1867 and formed part of the Wellington to Craven Arms Railway. For much of its working life it was worked by the Great Western Railway and subsequently the Western Region of British Railways.
The line was authorised by Act of Parliament on 22 July 1861 to extend the line to Coalbrookdale in the north and to Marsh Farm Junction, just north of Craven Arms on the Shrewsbury and Hereford Railway in the south. Its length was 19½ miles.
The route today
Much of the remainder forms part of the Jack Mytton Way long distance pathway.