In 1999, the fishing harbour was developed as a leisure marina, called the Whitehills Marina. The marina offers facilities for visiting sailors and hosts an annual sailing regatta in August. The marina has 47 pontoon berths and is accessible at all states of the tide. Drying out for maintenance is possible in a purpose-built bay of the inner harbour.
The village has a post office, a library, a small grocery shop, a beauty salon and a fish and chip restaurant. There is a pub, The Cutty, a five-bedroom hotel, The Seafield Arms, with a bar and restaurant, and by the harbour, a restaurant called The Galley. Also near the harbour is a fishmonger, Downies. In Chapel Street, there is a potter, Watergaw Ceramics.
A five-mile-long (8 km) coastal path stretches from the Whitehills Harbour to Banff Harbour.
Between 1924 and 1969 Whitehills had an RNLI lifeboat station. The station was transferred from Banff and in 1932 a new boathouse and slipway (which still stand today) were constructed for a new motor lifeboat. Whitehills received a new 47-foot (14 m) Watson-class boat in 1961, but this was withdrawn and the station closed in 1969 after launching only eleven times in eight years.
- "Welcome". Whitehills Marina. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- "Banff Harbour To Whitehills Harbour Coastal Walk". VisitScotland. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Whitehills.|
|This Aberdeenshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|