Winthrop High School
|'Winthrop High School|
400 Main Street
|School district||Winthrop Public Schools|
The current school building, with 187,917 square feet (17,458.1 m2) of space, had a cost of $80.2 million, with about $42.5 million or 60% of the costs covered by the Massachusetts School Building Authority. The building is shared with Winthrop Middle School. The first steel beams were put up in 2015 and opening was to occur in fall 2016. Note: Winthrop Middle School and Winthrop High School are housed in the same building, but are two separate and distinct schools with their own administration.
- Paul Francis Anderson, was an American prelate of the Roman Catholic Church
- Patricia Brown, was a pitcher who played in the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League
- John B. Kennedy, was an American city manager and politician
- Harriet White Medin, was an American actress and dialogue coach
- Beatrice Roberts, was an American film actress Michael Eurozioni. 1980 USA Olympic hockey team gold mentalist.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Winthrop High School". nces.ed.gov. Retrieved 24 January 2020.
- Laidler, John (2015-01-25). "Winthrop school construction underway". Boston Globe. Retrieved 2020-04-03.
- "Obituaries 06-21-2012 – Winthrop Transcript". winthroptranscript.com. Retrieved 24 January 2020.
- Hardy, William N. (November 26, 1916). "Prize Beauty's Family Curse". The Boston Post. Massachusetts, Boston. p. 44. Retrieved May 18, 2018 – via Newspapers.com.